Unbalanced disc labels: A hidden stinger?
- Label it or lose it. Leek, Matthew R. // CD-ROM Professional;Apr95, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p91
Discusses the approaches in labeling CD-ROMs and compact discs. Light-touch labeling; Crack and peel approach; CD-R printers; Cost and capacity of silkscreens; Thermal transfer and dry offset printing; Automation.
- NEATO CD-R Labeling Kit Is Available. Nicholls, Paul // Computers in Libraries;Mar1997, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p64
Tells that MicroPatent's NEATO CD-Recordable labeling kit is available. The system providing a means of applying crack-and-peel labels to CD-R discs; What is included in the system; Contact point.
- Truth in packaging. Shandle, Jack // Electronic Design;9/18/95, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p18
Focuses on the need for truth in the labeling of CD-ROMs. Consumers' need for basic information about the disc's requirements which include the operating system, CPU type and speed, memory, graphics, and others; Interactive Multimedia Association's proposal for a uniform labeling criteria.
- Print and apply CD guide. // Packaging Magazine;6/24/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p16
Reports on the production of an interactive CD-ROM by Markem Corp. in Great Britain. Use of the CD-ROM to guide users on the CimJet range of print and labeling machines; Benefits of the product to packaging procurement managers; Features of the product.
- Diasystematic Information in the "Big Five": A Comparison of Print Dictionaries, CD-ROMS/DVD-ROMS and Online Dictionaries. Vrbinc, Marjeta; Vrbinc, Alenka // Lexikos;2015, Vol. 25, p424
The information provided by labels is called diasystematic information, which gives restrictions and limitations concerning the use of a lexical item. The focus of the study, the findings of which are presented in this contribution, is five British monolingual learner's dictionaries (OALD9,...
- Facts, figures, & findings. // CD-ROM Professional;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p14
Presents miscellaneous facts about CD-ROMs and the CD-ROM industry. Total CD-ROM sales in 1995; Multimedia titles; CD-ROM most useful source of information; CD-ROM titles top software sales; CD-ROM directory revenues; Web/online advertising; Investment firms; Internet computing; Growth in...
- CD-deals. Tunbridge, Nathaniel // Australian Personal Computer;Nov94, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p58
Focuses on the CD-ROM industry in Australia. Forecast on CD-ROM player sales in from 1994 to 1998; Development of the small office/home office market; CD-ROMs as an ideal stepping stone to online services; Limitations of CD-ROMs.
- CD-ROM publishing today. Herther, Nancy K. // Database;Aug/Sep95, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p27
Looks at the trends in CD-ROM products in order to identify features that may be incorporated into upcoming business products. Intense competition for market share; Microsoft's effort to acquire Intuit; Availability of CD-ROM drives as standard computer equipment; Reference/information titles;...
- New CD-ROM drives keep getting faster. // EMedia Professional;Feb97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p18
Presents compact disc-read only memory (CD-ROM) drives from Toshiba, Pioneer, Sony, Acer and Axonix. SCSI-2 XM-3801B drive from Toshiba America Information Systems; Pioneer New Media Technologies' 12X internet CD-ROM drive; Sony Electronics' CDU511 16X CD-ROM drive.