Everything you wanted to know about digital video editing
- Using the Internet to Learn, Produce and Share Video. Buchanan, G. William // PSA Journal;Mar2002, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p32
Discusses the requirements for digital video editing using personal computers. Background on Internet video and developments in home video editing technology; Hardware requirements; Information on software and digital video editing systems.
- VIDEO THE EASY WAY. Nikitas, Theano // Popular Photography;Aug2014, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p42
The article offers step-by-step instructions for creating a custom digital video using the video-editing software Adobe Premiere Elements 12.
- DECONSTRUCTING DVDS. Purdy, Mike; Thornton, Dough // DV: Digital Video;Feb2005, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p6
Presents a letter to the editor about deconstructing DVD featured in the article "Deconstructing DVDs: Re-Editing Your DVDs," published in the November 2004 issue of "Digital Video."
- Video Editing Basics. // Technology & Learning;Oct2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on the basics of video editing. Importance of having the video data in a digital form; Time required for compressing uncompressed digital videos; Manner of handling video footages.
- Fast hits a purple patch. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Sep2000, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p59
Reports on the release of Purple, a digital video-only editor from Fast. Aim of the move; How Purple is used as an offline editor; Technology involved in the British version of Purple.
- Better video in less time. Linecker, Anton // Macworld;Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p076
Provides tips in digital video editing using Final Cut Pro 3 software. Proper setup for video editing; Benefits of keyboard shortcuts in increase editing speed; Tips in choosing the timelines.
- Delivery dilemmas... // Televisual;Summer2003 The Edit Handbook, p47
Discusses high-definition (HD) post-production management. Up-resing of interlaced video work; Standards conversion of National Television Standard Committee (NTSC) material before intercutting; Film shot for the cinema; Common image format; Understanding digital video compression. INSET: CASE...
- Sideline the colourist at your peril. Coles, Dan // Televisual;Dec2003, p43
Focuses on issues related to producers and the quality and efficiency in broadcast programming in the U.S. Options to grade on non-linear editing kit; Benefits for grading in a high-end edit suite; Reason for using high-end TK suites for all SD work.
- Radius EditDV cuts the new DV Format with software. // Image Technology;May1998, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p6
The article evaluates EditDV, a nonlinear editing with realtime playback using a software codec SoftDV, from Radius.