Nobler and Trace merge into Trace Optical
- Trace Optical introduces DVD bonding machine. // EMedia Professional;Sep97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p28
Introduces Optilock DVD Bonding Machine from Trace Optical company. Description and features of the machine; Number to contact Trace Optical.
- Venture will make turnkey systems for optical discs. // Plastics News;11/11/1996, Vol. 8 Issue 37, p27
Reports on a joint venture called Trace Optical, formed by Trace Corporation and Nobler Technologies, to supply turnkey optical disc manufacturing systems. Disc replication technology which Nobler brings to the venture; Trace Corporation's claim to be a leader in media manufacturing hardware.
- Let's make a deal. Aragon, Lawrence // PC Week;12/26/94-1/2/95, Vol. 11 Issue 51, pA/1
Forecasts mergers & acquisitions (M&A) trend in the computer industry in the United States for 1995. M&A trends during 1994; Trend indicators; Busy segments in the industry; Likely deals to take place.
- Higher prices, more mergers seen for p-c. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;06/23/97, Vol. 101 Issue 25, p21
States that the possibility exists for more mergers and acquisitions in the personal computer (p-c) industry in the United States. Reference to deals such as Traveler's acquisition of Aetna; Increase in the number of p-c deals in 1996 as compared to 1995.
- Modem makers inch toward high-bandwidth realm. Berinato, Scott // PC Week;03/24/97, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p120
Considers the potential benefits to customers that could result from mergers and acquisitions in the modem industry. Examples of mergers such as 3Com Corp. and U.S. Robotics; The possibility of remote access unhindered by analog connections; The question of deployment of high-bandwidth for users.
- After the buyout. Kawasaki, Guy // Macworld;Mar94, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p244
Explains the mechanics of acquiring a computer company. Effect on the entrepreneurial spirit; Technical support considerations; Realistic expectations for the acquiring company; Necessity for research; Professionalism in the business relationship.
- Internet alliances and semantics. Farber, Dan // PC Week;4/15/96, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p130
Comments on mergers in the computer industry and its repercussions on the Internet and the end-users. Joint venture of Netscape with General Electric Information Services; Alliance of Microsoft Corp. with MCI and DEC; Cooperative efforts of AT&T Corp. and International Business Machines (IBM);...
- Merger mania, PC style. Landry, R. // PC World;Sep91, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p21
Opinion. Discusses the pros and cons of the recent mergers and deals among PC companies for PC users. Advantages of single-vendor PC software; Benefits of products offered by small companies.
- Merger creates $8 billion giant. Guth, Rob // InfoWorld;6/10/96, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p32
Reports on the agreement between NEC Corp. and Packard Bell Electronics Inc. to merge their personal computer (PC) operations into a single unit called Packard Bell-NEC. Estimated annual sales for the unit; Plans for the unit; Finalization of the agreement by July 1, 1996.