1996 Big Buck Club winners
- ANTLER REPAIR. McCoy, Stephen J. // Bowhunter;2007 Whitetail Special, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p46
The article discusses antler repair.
- Visible Velvet. Fitzingo, Greg; McKean, Andrew // Outdoor Life;May2011, Vol. 218 Issue 5, p13
The article provides an answer to a question of whether the bucks in velvet have a summer and winter range, and move to different areas where no cameras are available.
- Acquiring Abnormal Antlers. Harris, Brian // Western Sportsman;Sept/Oct2014, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p78
The article offers information related to antlers of deers which include growth and shedding, and factors that affect its growth such as genetics, nutrition, and antler injury.
- DOUBLE-TINE BUCK. // Dakota Country;Sep2011, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p40
A caption is presented to a photograph of a buck deer with double-tine antlers taken near Rapid City, North Dakota.
- The Silent Language. Bass, Rick // Tricycle: The Buddhist Review;Fall2012, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p28
The author presents a personal narrative in which he describes his experiences of looking for the winter-dropped antlers of deer and his insights on how to go on living after losing his mother, just like the deer that kept on going into the rest of the winter after losing part of himself.
- DEER MANAGEMENT 2003. Samuel, Dave // Bowhunter;2003 Whitetail Special, p12
Focuses on facts revealed by biologists about rut timing, antler growth, and the masculinity of trophy bucks.
- Huntin' Whitetails. Winand, C. J. // Bowhunter;Dec2002, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p61
Reports on a study conducted by James Kroll and Ben Koerth of the Institute for White-tailed Deer Management and Research at Stephen F. Austin State University on the controversial subject of antler quality. Variables involved in antler growth and development; Technique used by Kroll and Koerth...
- The next World Record. McKean, Andrew // Outdoor Life;Sep2010, Vol. 217 Issue 8, p24
The article presents the author's views on the size, weight and other characteristics that the next record-holder whitetail shall have to surpass the world-record holder Saskatchewan buck hunted by Milo Hanson.
- Growing Big Racks. // Dakota Country;Nov2011, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p50
The article discusses the growth of antlers on animals such as deer and elk, focusing on the role of nutrition, genetics and age in the size of antlers on male animals.