Teen takes first turkey
- More time to talk turkey. // Ontario Out of Doors;Feb2005, Vol. 37 Issue 1, Angler & Hunter HOTLINE p6
The article informs that starting this spring, when the kids get home from school and their parents pull in from work, it will be time to suit up the camouflage to spend the afternoon hunting wild turkeys. On December 8, Natural Resources Minister of Ontario David Ramsay, officially confirmed...
- Four easy steps to get your gobbler. Lambley, Bryce // Bowhunter;Apr/May97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p60
Relates the author's experiences in and advice on gobbler bowhunting. Misconceptions about gobblers; Preseason scouting; Types of blinds used; Change of locations; Decoy placement and improvement; Recommendation against hunting of roost sites. INSET: Staying safe in the turkey woods..
- Turkey forecast 1997. Wallace, Fred // Bowhunter;Apr/May97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p64
Presents forecasts on turkey hunting in North America in 1997. Estimated number of turkeys across the United States and Canada; Limits to hunting; Growth of turkey numbers; Expansion of seasons; Growing opportunities for archery-only hunting.
- Turkey scouting sabotage. Grenoble, S. // Outdoor Life;Mar88, Vol. 181 Issue 3, p72
With all the hooting, gobbling and yelping going on in pre-season, it's no wonder that the birds have shut up come the opening of hunting season. Tips on how to locate and score a gobbler.
- The old man and the Tom. Elliott, C. // Outdoor Life;Nov88, Vol. 182 Issue 5, p82
Charles Elliott, who has seen more than sixty turkey hunting seasons come and go, is one of the foremost turkey-hunting experts. He discusses his continued love of the sport after more than eighty years.
- Turkey calling is going to the birds. Grenoble, S. // Outdoor Life;Feb89, Vol. 183 Issue 2, p56
Several turkey hunting experts from around the US discuss how to hunt and call the hunter-wise gobblers.
- Turkey hunting's cutting edge. Etling, K. // Outdoor Life;Mar89, Vol. 183 Issue 3, p72
Discusses how, both in woods and in contests everywhere, hunters well-versed in cutting, a type of call using the diaphragm, are attracting turkeys like never before.
- Pocono gobblers. Nester, W.W. // Outdoor Life;Mar89, Vol. 183 Issue 3, p112
Describes a turkey-hunting trip in Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains. Information on state game lands, season, and license fees.
- Let free-Toms ring out loud. Sawyers, M. // Outdoor Life;Mar89, Vol. 183 Issue 3, p116
Discusses spring turkey hunting in Maryland. Lists several public hunting lands.