Pheasant hunting in New York
- New Hampshire flush with pheasants. Pyne, Lawrence // Field & Stream;Dec99, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p76
Focuses on the pheasant hunting season in New Hampshire.
- In New Jersey: Pheasant season fine despite birds for sale. McCoy, John // Field & Stream;Dec99, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p78
Focuses on the favorable pheasant hunting season in New Jersey in 1999.
- Everybody Loves a Pheasant. Zumbo, Jim // Outdoor Life;Oct2001, Vol. 208 Issue 3, p24
Presents an article on pheasant hunting. Techniques in hunting; Behaviors of pheasants when it is being hunt. INSET: MY FAVORITE PHEASANT LODGE.
- Making a meal of extinction. // New Scientist;12/8/90, Vol. 128 Issue 1746, p19
Reports that pheasants are being hunted for food in Vietnam. Reserves covering the bird's remaining area of forest habitat; Species of pheasant that are endangered in the country; Defoliation of forests.
- The pleasures of PHEASANT HUNTING. Schierbaum, Donald // Conservationist;Sep/Oct85, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p2
Presents suggestions for pheasant hunting. Location of good pheasant areas on posted land near population centers; Need for a good hunting dog and a good shotgun; Patterns of pheasant flight; Cleaning of hunted pheasants; Drying and salting of the hides of skinned birds.
- FINDING CHRISTMAS PHEASANTS. Ruzzo, Brian // Outdoor Life;Dec2003/Jan2004, Vol. 211 Issue 1, p132
Provides information on pheasant hunting in the U.S. during the winter. Characteristics of wood cover for hunting; Correlation between the presence of cattails and pheasants; Birds in public lands.
- Rare and Protected. Knight, Frank // Conservationist;May/Jun87, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p3
Describes some of the rare and protected plant species in Esopus Creek in Kingston, New York. Heteranthera reniformis; Micranthemum micranthemoides; Plantago cordata; Houghton's goldenrod; Northern monkshood; Butterfly-weed.
- The Effects of Mercury Contamination in Pheasants on the Value of Pheasant Hunting in Oregon. Shulstad, Robert N.; Stoevener, Herbert H. // Land Economics;Feb78, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p39
This article examines the reactions of pheasant hunters to information concerning mercury contamination of Oregon's pheasants. The conceptual framework for determining the optimum level of pollution control by equating the marginal social costs of controlling pollution with the marginal social...
- Winter resorts. // Outdoor Life;Dec98/Jan99, Vol. 202 Issue 5, p95
Presents information on several things to do after winter solstice and several places to do them. Details on the New York geese; Place for quail hunting; Information on the South Dakota Pheasants.