Crass, clever and cunning crows
- SOMETHING TO CROW ABOUT. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Aug/Sep2008, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p12
An interview with Kevin McGowan, a Cornell University ornithologist, regarding the behavior of the American Crow is presented. When asked about the intelligence of crows, he offers examples of their ability to learn new behaviors. Also discussed are whether crows travel in groups and what...
- MAKING THE DIFFERENCE. // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/31/2003, Issue 814, p16
Cites the contributions made by Kevin McGowan, a degree of philosophy candidate at the University of California in San Diego, during the San Diego Gay Pride event held in July 2003.
- Stepping out. P.D.S. // Architectural Record;Feb1991, Vol. 179 Issue 2, p104
Examines The Center For Biotechnology at Cornell University in New York. Designed by David, Brody & Associates, the 171,000-square-foot facility houses the biological sciences and biotechnology divisions of the university. Each office and laboratory has a natural light source.
- College begins Life Course Institute. // Human Ecology;Fall92, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p32
Announces that the College of Human Ecology at Cornell University has a new center--the Life Course Institute. Faculty-directed, multidisciplinary research to help families and individuals cope; `Life course' perspective; Topics; Contact point; More.
- Child abuse policy symposium. // Human Ecology;Winter93, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p32
Announces the topics at a symposium conducted by the College of Human Ecology's Family Life Development Center (FLDC). Child abuse policy for New York State; William B. Hoyt honored; Transition of (FLDC) to a college-wide center; Mary Jo Bane as keynote speaker; Panel discussions and group...
- New institute to focus on working families. Lang, Susan S. // Human Ecology;Fall96, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p24
Reports on the new Cornell Employment and Family Careers Institute that will establish research, education and outreach programs for working families. Goals of the institute; Life course approach of institute; Aims of the life course orientation; Focus of the orientation.
- Summer scholars attend Cornell University. // Hispanic Times Magazine;Oct/Nov1993, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p18
States Cornell Summer College hosted 600 academically-talented high school students. Major corporate funding; Scholarships; Seven honor students who attended.
- Cornell helping Asians establish pension systems. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;10/30/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p9
Reports on Cornell University's program that aims to help Central Asian government officials learn how to establish funded pension systems in their countries. Success of the program in showing to the government officials how pensions and benefits are administered in the United States.
- Spurring interaction. Roach, Ronald // Black Issues in Higher Education;09/04/97, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p15
Reports that officials at Cornell University are counting on residential outreach programs launched during the 1997-98 school year, to spur cross-racial and cross-ethnic interaction. Problems which the school suffered when a conservative student publication offended university students with an...