- New legislation. Ross, Mike // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p44
Provides information on several legislations targeted at a business enterprises. Identification of these legislations including `Companies Reregistration Amendment Act 1998', `Credit Contracts Amendment Act 1998', `Crown Pastoral Land Act', `Disputes Tribunal Amendment Act 1998', `Investment...
- The economics of hiring a lawyer. Dracup, Jeff; Barker, Steve // Orange County Business Journal;05/12/97, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p12
Focuses on the reason for seeking advice from a lawyer, offering a scenario relating to business law in California, on the experience of a successful businessman. Details on the experience encountered, which involved a `non-disclosure agreement' signed in 1995; Details on the agreement; How a...
- Should Congress adopt the House-passed... Dingell, John D.; Broomfield, William S.; Rostenkowski, Dan; Gephardt, Richard A.; Florio, James J.; Frenzel, Bill; Ridge, Thomas J.; Hughes, William J.; Levine, Mel; Richardson, Bill; McCloskey, Frank; Bereuter, Douglas K.; Hefley, Joel; Wolpe, Howard // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul87, Vol. 66 Issue 6/7, p171
Seven US congressmen present their arguments against the `Gephardt Amendment' a proposal by Missouri Democrat Richard A. Gephardt which would mandate actions against nations having large trade imbalances with the US.
- New law limits frivolous civil lawsuits against businesses. Micheli, Chris; Shannon, Patrick // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/13/97, Issue 322211, p35
Opinion. Focuses on the signing into law of a legislation that will limit civil lawsuits against California businesses. Lawsuits filed by Albany attorney William Henley against software giants; Lawsuit against a toy company for slack fill in its toy building sets.
- State Senate votes to ban escort services, `girlie' advertising. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;06/30/97, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p14
Presents news updates on the legal aspects of business in Nevada as of July 6, 1997. Legislation passed on yellow page advertising; Plea of former Silver State Disposal Service Inc. foreman Frank Meccariello on charges of conspiracy; Ruling of the Nevada Supreme Court on Linda Prewitt's...
- Board alleges unlicensed man performed horse dentistry. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;07/06/98, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p12
Presents court rulings affecting businesses in Las Vegas, Nevada as of July 6, 1998. Case of an unlicensed man performing equine dentistry; Case concerning a house lease; Case concerning an insurance policy issued by Church Mutual Insurance to Hallelujah Christian Fellowship.
- Judge rules in favor of state in BLM battle. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;07/06/98, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p13
Presents legal developments affecting businesses in Las Vegas, Nevada as of July 6, 1998. Includes ruling denying nine stockwater applications filed by the US Bureau of Land Management; `All-in-One Comprehensive Business Seminar' by attorney Robert Massi on July 21, 1998; Grants received by the...
- THE MASSACHUSETTS BUSINESS CORPORATION LAW. Calkins, Grostenor // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Feb1904, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p269
Focuses on the Massachusetts Business Corporation Law, enacted by the legislature of 1903. Reasons for the enactment of the law; Freedom provided to organizations under the law for conducting their business; Theories on which statutory provisions relating to the payment of capital stock by...
- Legislative task force to review new laws' impact on business. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;4/1/96, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p19
Reports on the plans of Westchester County Board of Legislators to review county laws affecting business enterprises in the area through a task force on economic development. Inclusion of businessman Jay Bilotta on panel; Topic issues.