Rover offers pay deal in return for stability
- Rover's return. Whitehead, Mark // People Management;9/16/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p44
Deals with the status of the Rover Group. Challenges faced; Background information on the company; State of industrial relations.
- Employee Relations. // People Management;10/29/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 21, p13
Presents an update on employee relations. Information on the job cuts at Rover Group; Information on Rover's productivity; Discussion on call center environment.
- Rover package indicates `shape of things to come'. Whitehead, Mark // People Management;12/24/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 25, p10
Probes into the implication of the working arrangement reached by production workers at Rover's Longbridge facility. Explanations from David Bower, the company's personnel director; Overview of the deal; Impact of the deal on the manufacturing industry.
- COMMENTARY. Pullin, John // Professional Engineering;7/27/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p3
Focuses on the automobile industry in Great Britain. Information on Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp.'s April 2005 breakup with MG Rover Group Ltd.; Problems that were unearthed at MG Rover; Fact that qualities that make for manufacturing excellence in the annual MX Awards are against the...
- Rover to spend $3 billion on new products, plant capacity. Kurylko, Diana T. // Automotive News;3/20/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5596, p4
Reports on Rover group's plans to invest $3 billion on product development and manufacture. Plans to double production capacity by the year 2000; Possible termination of the use of platforms of former partner Honda Motor Corporation.
- Rover ponders return of MG. Wendt, Ed // Automotive News;4/4/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5493, p8
Reports on Rover Group's plans to return the MG sports car to volume production. Launching of Rover 600; Negotiations with engineering firm Mayflower Corp. to determine cost basis; Introduction of RV8 MG; United States and Canada as MG targets.
- Capacity crunch threatens Rover. Wright, Chris // Automotive Industries;Dec95, Vol. 175 Issue 12, p39
Reports that since the knot between Rover and Honda has untied, Rover, the British automaker need to find more engine building capacity. What they are trying to get away from; Countries they are considering set up in; More.
- Rover casts its `net'. Norris, Ian // Automotive Industries;Jan1996, Vol. 176 Issue 1, p35
Reports on Rover's planned expansion of its research and development facilities. Doubling of its Gaydon design center; Recruitment of new engineering staff members; Creation of a Rover web-site on the Internet; Value of the web-site investment.
- Rover capacity to hit 800,000. Phelan, Mark; Feast, Richard // Automotive Industries;Feb97, Vol. 177 Issue 2, p74
Reports on the increase in capacity of the Rover Group by the year 2000 when three updated paint shops reach full speed. Number of units sold by the company in 1996; Rover's development of midsize and executive cars.