If you're happy and you know it, join HR
- The dead end job. // Black Enterprise;Jul84, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p44
Do you feel that you're marking time? Here's what to do about your job when there are no more challenges left.
- Turning fun into fortune. // Black Enterprise;Feb1986, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p73
A look at the careers of 3 people with fun jobs--a photo stylist, a theatrical stage manager and a travel writer.
- Making your office user friendly. Whittingham-Barnes, D.; Davison, B. // Black Enterprise;Apr90, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p57
Addresses new ways that managers are customizing the workplace to meet the needs of employees. Assistance offered by design firms; Importance of careful planning; Initial costs; Diverse technologies reviewed; Ergonomic furniture. INSET: Office,sweet office (offices at home)..
- How satisfied with work will you be? // Career World;Oct95, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the job satisfaction of Americans from 1974 to 1994. Satisfaction of self-employed.
- 10 tips for job satisfaction. Smith, Greg // Career World;Jan1997, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p6
Presents tips for achieving job satisfaction. Selection of a job that fits; Understanding of the job for more meaning to work activities; Being open for learning opportunities; Importance of mentor relationships; Flexibility; Getting along with the boss; Management of job stress effectively;...
- Mid-course correction. Bundles, A. // Essence (Essence);Jan1990, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p28
Opinion. Describes the author's mid-course correction, in which she transferred from a very demanding, to a less demanding job, and began nurturing herself.
- Purpose in Work. Soldier, L. Little // Humanist;Mar/Apr90, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p24
Examines the meaning of finding a purpose in work and fulfillment in life, throughout the ability to put oneself aside, to transcend ego-involvement. Theories of psychologists, Abraham Maslow and Charlotte Buhler and psychiatrist Viktor Frankl; Modern relationship to work; Personality...
- Make sure priorities are right when job hunting. Divita, Sal // Marketing News;11/20/95, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p8
Discusses the issues often overlooked by people concerning job satisfaction. People's interest in getting a job and not advancing in a career; Relationship between the employee and the boss; Effect on values; Contribution to the job; Where the position is leading.
- Personality dispositions and job satisfaction. Strumpfer, D.J.W.; Danana, N.; Gouws, J.F.; Viviers, M.R. // South African Journal of Psychology;Jun98, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p92
Presents research conducted on personality dispositions and job satisfaction. Description of the research methods utilized; How job satisfaction is defined; Examination of negative and positive affectivity; Analysis of statistical data on correlations between job satisfaction and disposition;...