New jobs in pub boom
- Allied Domecq to split UK food, lodging biz. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/03/98, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p24
Reports on Allied Domecq PLC's revamp of its pub business in Great Britain effective August 24, 1998. Restructuring of business into separate food-and-lodging concerns; Designation of Martin Grealey as managing director; Expansion of operations of company's leased business Vanguard Pubs &...
- Domecq puts ...30m into Firkin revamp. Maling, Nick // Marketing Week;2/25/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p7
Reports that Allied Domecq is spending an estimated 30 million pounds on its most important pub brand, Firkin. Goal to erase pub's image as a laddish, student hang-out; Improvement of Firkin sites around Great Britain.
- FMCG marketing ploys don't work for retail brands. Sheldon, Philip // Marketing (00253650);11/25/1999, p17
Asserts that conventional FMCG marketing strategy does not work for retail brands. Struggle of British bar names as brands indicated by the demise of Allied Domecq PLC and its Big Steak and Firkin brands; Delivery of brand values by management performance rather than manufacture; Popularity of...
- Allied Domecq eyes Asian `weakness.'. // Advertising Age;12/16/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 51, p36
Tells that Allied Domecq Spirits & Wine has reorganized its management in the Asia Pacific to address the company's acknowledged weakness there. Creation of new top-level positions; Names of new employees.
- Old and Bold. Antrim, Taylor // Ski;Feb2005, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p66
Provides information on the best-known brands of London dry gin including Beefeater and Bombay Sapphire. INSET: HOW'S IT MADE?.
- Allied Domecq reviews ad task out of Cordiant. Mason, Tania // Marketing (00253650);5/1/2003, p7
This article reports that Allied Domecq PLC is reviewing its global advertising arrangements for the Ballantine's, Tia Maria, Tia Lusso and Malibu brands after severing its relationship with Cordiant Communications.Simon Stewart, Allied Domecq's UK-based senior vice-president of marketing, is...
- Togo's 300 Calif. units upgrading core foods. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/19/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 20, p246
Reports on the upgrading of food supplies at Togo's franchised by Allied Domecq Quick Service Restaurants.
- Allied Domecq bolsters brands. Britt, Bill // Advertising Age;7/1/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 27, p12
Reports on Allied Domecq's focus on advertising spending on core brands as part of its global marketing strategy. Features of the strategy; Impact on non-priority brands and markets; Comment by Nick Johnston, international marketing director of Beefeater.
- Streamline time. // Beverage World;Sep95, Vol. 114 Issue 1599, p16
Reports that Allied Domecq is restructuring its Spirits & Wine marketing operations. One division to be located in Bristol, England while the other will be in Los Angeles, California.