Rogue police about to have their collars felt
- Handschu Attorneys Seek Greater Enforcement of Police Surveillance Rules. // Guild Notes;Summer2003, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p14
Reports that lawyers for the Handschu Class will argue a motion filed to restore enforcement of police rules in the Handschu consent decree in New York. Judge Charles S. Haight's modification of the Handschu at the request of the New York Police Department; Police investigation and...
- Reforming the police. Morna, Colleen Lowe // Africa Report;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on the transformation of South Africa's police force. Grim reminder of the brutality of the police; Amalgamation of police forces after apartheid; Trial of policemen; Constitutional provision for the police; Establishment of police forces in the provinces; Community policing concept for...
- English: The International Language of Police Power. Hariman, Robert // BAGnewsNotes;4/19/2010, p3
A photograph of riot police in Thailand is presented.
- Pull over, Homer! Howard, Allan // Bicycling;Apr94, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p147
Recounts an experience of the author, a bicycle patrolman in Dayton, Ohio. The lack of respect he received from drivers as a lifelong cyclist, racer and commuter; The respect his police uniform commands from drivers; The chase that occurred after he was breezed while in his civvies on his...
- `Excessive force.' // Current Events;4/12/91, Vol. 90 Issue 24, p1
Discusses public reaction to the videotape showing Los Angeles police officers beating Rodney King, 25. Local and national reaction; Criticism of Los Angeles Police Chief Daryl Gates; Nationwide debate over police brutality; Examples; How many big city police departments are combating police...
- Increasing police brutality. // Essence (Essence);Sep85, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p91
Incidents of terror and violence perpetuated by law enforcement officials have become almost commonplace, as the police wage a war against Blacks in America. Most Blacks know victims of police brutality; studies show minorities are 9 times more likely than Whites to be killed by police. INSET:...
- Partners in preparedness. McCann, Leo C. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Oct95, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p12
Features the Northern Illinois Police Alarm System. Organization; Activation of the system; Emergency Services Team; Mobile field force; Other resources.
- Neighborhood service team. Barber, Robert R. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Jan1996, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p17
Reports that the Garland Police Department and other municipal agencies looked for ways of maintaining quality community service despite drug-related crimes. Reason for crimes; Management of challenge; Neighborhood Service Team (NST); Team Organization; Community survey; NST officers; NST...
- FaxBack question. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Jan1996, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p25
Presents the question on how to prepare for policing in the 21st century. How to respond.