Builders face levy rise
- Careers under construction. Frink, Sharon // New Mexico Business Journal;Apr94, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p18
Cites the shortage in skilled construction workers in New Mexico. Prospects of construction industry growth; Eligibility under Construction School-to-Work Opportunities program; Impact of School-to-Work Opportunities Act; Types of tradesmen who may train under program; Percentage of women who...
- Training prequalification nears. Krizan, William G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/25/96, Vol. 237 Issue 22, p8
Discusses the proposed training prequalification for union construction contractors and organizations. Union contractors' presence at the Business Roundtable's national construction conference; Contractors' possible use of curriculum from the National Center for Construction Education and...
- Training key to industry's long-term success. Aylsworth, Karen // Grand Rapids Business Journal;01/26/98, Vol. 16 Issue 4, pB-3
Discusses the importance of employee training to the long-term success of the construction industry in the United States. Results of a survey on labor shortage in Region 6; National Center for Construction Education and Research's (NCCER) development of modular, self-paced training programs for...
- Height training. // International Construction;Apr2010, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p18
The article reports on the release of a best practice guide on training and familiarisation intended for aerial work platforms in the U.S.
- Training for apprentices. // Northern Ontario Business;Oct2001, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the partnership between Ontario Home Builders' Association and the Concord, Ontario-based, CrossOver Communications Co. to create an online training and education program for apprentices in the construction trades. Finance for the program; Development of the skills and knowledge...
- The Information War. Trellis, Alan R. // Builder: The Magazine of the National Association of Home Builde;Oct99, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p212
Discusses the importance of information in the homebuilding industry. Management information; Need for builders to make information more available to themselves and their staffs through education; Learning and self-improvement.
- CTA joins up with CSCS. // PMJ: Plant Managers Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p6
Reports the merging of the management committee of the British Certificate of Training Achievement and the Construction Skills Certification Scheme in March 2003. Officials of the Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS); Significance of the introduction of CPCS.
- Ten safety ideas you can use. // Pit & Quarry;Mar99, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p24
Enumerates safety ideas from a contractor perspective provided by Hap Pigsley, safety director for Platt Construction. Importance of providing back-up alarms; Training requirements; Updates; Uniformity in controls.
- New skill sets needed. Hailstone, Laura // Contract Journal;4/4/2002, Vol. 413 Issue 6371, p8
Focuses on the skill sets needed for the construction industry as discussed in the 2002 Constructing the Future conference of the Construction Industry Training Board in London, England. Reasons for the changes needed in the skill sets of workers in the construction sector; Actions that...