Volunteer miss NVQs
- TRAINING ORGANIZATIONS & SCHOOLS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p86
A list of the top training organizations and schools in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked based on enrollment in 2008 is presented, including the Collefe of Southern Nevada, University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, and Soaring Eafle Enterprises.
- Vocational Education drifts along. // Commonweal;4/20/84, Vol. 111 Issue 5, p240
The student graduated with good grades and high recommendations in the school's vocational education printing program. But the equipment he learned to operate--quite skillfully-was no longer being used in most print shops in town. There is a major rethink necessary and a modernization needed in...
- National trends in vocational rehabilitation: A comparison of individuals with physical... Andrews, H.; Barker, J. // Journal of Rehabilitation;Jan92, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p7
Examines the implication of the mandate imposed by the Rehabilitation Act of 1993. Both physical and psychiatric disabilities considered; Marked disparity in numbers; Obtaining employment; Recommendations for future research; Statistical graphs and charts.
- Success by design. Bamford, Paul J. // Tech Directions;Feb95, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on the restructuring of Van Buren Intermediate School District Vocational-Technical Center in Lawrence, Michigan. Occupational cluster; Van Buren Model for Student Managed Portfolios; Career guidance; Job replacement assistance; School environment.
- My non-college kids. Graves, Art // Tech Directions;Feb95, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p20
Relates the names of the author's children who took vocational courses instead of college degrees.
- The changing face of vocational education. Carter, Kim // Technology & Learning;Feb98, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p50
Focuses on vocational education. When vocational education was officially integrated in American high schools; Benefits of vocational education; Reference to the report `A Nation at Risk: The Imperative for Educational Reform'; Information on the 1985 Carl D. Perkins Vocational Act;...
- Craftsmanship 2000. Hellen, Sheila; Hunter, John // Vocational Education Journal;Mar94, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p40
Focuses on Crafstmanship 2000 created by a group of executives in Tulsa, Oklahoma to address the demands of industry for more highly skilled workers. Mix of academic, technical and work-based education and training; Entry by students in the 11th grade; Requirements for a successful...
- Grassroots. // Vocational Education Journal;Jan95, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p39
Presents information about vocational education in the United States, with brief reports from various states. Educational options for jail inmates in Hillsborough County, Florida through collaboration of school officials and sheriff's office; Appointment of Thomas J. Dykes as superintendent of...
- Learning to be leaders. Foor, Patricia; Poling, Dewayne // Vocational Education Journal;Feb95, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p27
Features the Ohio Vocational Education Leadership Institute (OVELI) program on vocational education. Benefits of the educational program; Focus for OVELI participants; Activities.