Building a virtual practice
- A working virtual practice. // Practical Accountant;Apr99, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p16
Features Carolyn Sechler, a Phoenix, Arizona-based certified public accountant maintaining a virtual office. Advantages of virtual reality; Services offered; Critical role of electronic mail systems in Sechler's practice.
- Sechler Starts Outsourced Management Service. // Accounting Technology;Jun2000, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p8
Reports that Arizona certified public accountant Carolyn Sechler-Carlton and marketing maven Terry Gossell have launched BizDawgs. Service to provide advisory services to small business; Provision of the services of professionals as interim chief executive officer, chief finance officer and...
- Don't lose sight of business goals. Scott, Robert W. // Accounting Technology;Sep97, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p6
Presents reminders on accounting practice in the United States. Information technology as a tool to enable business to achieve its goals; Confusion about technology's role; Importance of business skills.
- Continuing Professional Development. // Credit Management;Aug2003, p9
Reports that the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales is proposing change in approach to Continuing Professional Development. Enhancement of the value of being a professional.
- Time to stand up! Braune, Herald // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p36
Assesses trends in the accounting profession in New Zealand as of October 1997. Major changes; Accounting Technicians's (AT's) membership category in the Institute of Chartered Accountants of New Zealand; Contributions of ATs to the Institute.
- Changing role and demand for accounting technicians. McIntosh, Ruth // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p37
Examines the impact of accounting work on the role of Accounting Technicians (ATs) and their employment opportunities in New Zealand. ATs in the business services compliance area; Move away from compliance to advisory work; ATs as an alternative staffing source; Demand for ATs in chartered...
- Professional development. Franks, Geof // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p43
Looks at membership of the College of Accounting Technicians in New Zealand. Mentor training courses; Geographical breakdown of current members; Branch membership.
- Accounting reform. Ferrers, Tony // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p80
Presents several developments in the accounting sector of Australia as of October 1997. Includes the development of a corporate law economic reform program; Rights in the taxpayer's charter; Taxation of the Internet.
- Rosy outlook. Mitchell, Ian // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p81
Features several developments in the accounting sector of Great Britain as of October 1997. Includes accountancy practices of medium-sized accountancy firms; Technical discussion document on research and development from the Institute of Chartered Accountants for Scotland; Exposure draft on...