Windows NT fuels the network
- Accounting applications open up for Windows. Demery, Paul // Practical Accountant;Oct95, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p14
Discusses the accounting applications of the Windows 95 computer system. Accounting software, including Micro Vision's Tax Relief for Windows, Macola Software's Version 7.0 progression series, CCH Smart Tax from CCH Inc.; Multitasking abilities of new products.
- Windows accounting--is it worth it? Quigg, H. Daniel; Warner, Paul D. // CPA Journal;Mar1994, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p75
Evaluates Windows-based accounting. Additional overhead from Windows applications; Hardware requirements; Data entry; Interface; Data integration; Graphics; Object-oriented development; Client/server future.
- Linux for Accountants. Maddox, James R.; Putnam, Karl // CPA Journal;Nov99, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p26
Encourages accountants to use Linux, an alternative operating system based on UNIX, the operating system developed by AT&T Corp. in the 1960s and 1970s. Information about Linux; Advantages of using Linux. INSET: An Open Source OS Alternative.
- Looking through the windows. // Practical Accountant;Mar94, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p8
Announces the holding of free workshops sponsored by Microsoft Corp. and SBT Accounting Systems regarding Windows and accounting systems. Expansion of accounting software from the disk operating system (DOS) environment into Windows; Subjects to be covered; Schedule of seminars for March 1994.
- NACHA Projects ACH Payment Volume Will Double by 2006. // Business Credit;May2002, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p41
Forecasts the annual payment volume of the Automated Clearing House (ACH) Network by year 2006 in the U.S. Measures on reducing ACH risk; Role of ACH Network in payment systems; Usability of ACH on direct deposit of payroll and government benefits.
- IN BRIEF. Johnston, Stuart J. // PCWorld;Aug2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p41
Presents news briefs related to computer problems as of August 1, 2001. Problems with Quickbooks 2000 and 2001; Virus in the Linux network.
- Ushering in new administration. Musich, Paula // PC Week;3/4/96, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p8
Reports that McAfee Associates Inc. and Symantec Corp. sharpened their Windows PC administration tools and SunSoft Inc. has introduced an inventory asset-management tool for DOS and Windows desktop. Capabilities; Simplicity in using.
- Looking into Windows from the high end. Reardon, Skip // CPA Journal;Apr94, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p88
Discusses the benefits of using the Windows computer software's graphical-user interface for accounting applications. Shortened learning curve; Accessibility; Productivity; Multi-tasking features; Data sharing among applications; Quality of Windows-based products; Interface; Customization;...
- Operating Systems Wars Return. Scott, Robert W. // Accounting Technology;Jun2000, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on the dominant Windows operating system and the emergent software called Linux. Suggestion by Info Tech Partners president Roman Kepczyk that accountants stick to Windows 98 instead of upgrading to Windows 2000; Questionable performance of accounting software in the Windows 2000...