What's a CPA anyway? What's a PIP?
- Meet the CIOs. // Government Executive;Mar1999, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p26
Profiles various members of the CIO Council, which is made up of chief information officers of government agencies in the United States. Includes Anne F. Thomas Reed of the United States Agriculture Department; Stephen R. Colgate of the United States Justice Department; Alvin M. Pesachowitz of...
- CIOs shred 'nerd' image. Fleming, Cathy // Credit Union Magazine;Jul2002, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p17
Provides information on the role of chief information officers (CIO). Factors that have expanded the role of CIO; Variety of skills needed by CIO; Required areas of expertise for CIO.
- Choosing the right CIO. Woldring, Roelf // Business Quarterly;Spring96, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p73
Focuses on how to choose a chief information officer for business enterprises. Performance management environment; Model of work performance; Accountability map.
- CIOs less pessimistic, survey says. // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/14/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p22
Reports on the expectations of chief information officers on spending on computers, software and related equipment.
- CIOs perform high-tech juggling act. Couret, Christina // American City & County;Jul98, Vol. 113 Issue 8, p20
Focuses on the implementation of chief information officers (CIOs) in federal and local governments in the United States, referencing to the Information Technology Management Reform Act in 1996. Requirements of the act; Responsibilities of CIOs. INSETS: Survey reveals IT status in local...
- CIO pay $111K in 1997 and rising, CHIME survey says. // Health Management Technology;Feb1998, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p8
Presents the findings of a survey conducted by the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) chief information officers' (CIOs) salaries in the United States. Length of stay in jobs; Total cash compensation; Average age of respondents; Increase in the proportion of women...
- Essential traits of a CIO. // Physician Executive;Apr1996, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p4
Reveals the essential traits of a chief information officer, according to the 1995 HIMSS/Hewlett-Packard Leadership Survey.
- Role of chief financial officers. Baiocchi, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;07/06/98, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p46
No abstract available.
- Do you need a CIO? Glou, Alan B. // Inc.;9/12/95 Special Bonus Issue, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p23
Looks at the role of a chief information officer (CIO) and offers advice about how to determine if your company needs one. Competition; Money spent on information technology; Geographical scope of the company.