Choosing the right tax software
- Tax news. // Accounting Technology;Oct97, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p12
Presents developments related to tax planning software in the United States as of October 1997. US Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) hiring of Intuit vice president of government programs Robert E. Barr as assistant commissioner of Electronic Tax Administration; Rock Creek Technologies' release...
- Time for a change? // Practical Accountant;Dec95 Supplement, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p7
Focuses on tax preparation software. Changes in operating systems; Importance of compatibility of systems with a tax payer's needs; Data entries supported by tax preparation software; Factors to consider before purchasing a system; Use of CD-ROM forms services.
- The new crop of 1040 packages. // Practical Accountant;Dec95 Supplement, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p10
Features various 1040 tax preparation software. Includes Tax/Pack Professional from Alpine Date; A Plus Tax from Arthur Andersen; Tax Solver from ATX Forms.
- Tax prep software. // Practical Accountant;Dec94, Vol. 27 Issue 12, 1995 Accountant's... p69
Looks at the factors to be considered in purchasing tax preparation software packages. Increase in competition among tax software companies; Differences among tax software packages.
- Pencil Pushers Tax Software. // Accounting Technology;Oct97, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p36
Focuses on Pencil Pushers' e EX software for tax planning. Software distribution; Network pricing; Multistate processing; Data entry; Support methods; Electronic filing; Operating systems.
- Intuit to Offer ProSeries Web Organizer. // Accounting Technology;Sep2000, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p16
Reports that Intuit Inc. will provide a Pro Series/Web Organizer software for its professional tax planners.
- Overseas offering. // Accountancy;Jun96, Vol. 117 Issue 1234, p60
Reports on Swedish computer software supplier Comtax AB's claim that it has developed world's first international tax planning product for Windows. Parts of the system; Features; Capabilities; Contact information.
- Software keeps track of where the money goes. Cullen, Terri // Central New Jersey Business;3/22/95, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p32
Presents an overview of available personal-finance and tax-planning software. Features found in most personal finance software; Peachtree Accounting software; Block Financial Software's TaxCut tax planning software; Intuit's Turbo Tax; Features.
- Vendors must be business advisors too. Scott, Robert W. // Accounting Technology;Oct97, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p6
Stresses the need for tax preparation software vendors in the United States to act as business management consultants. Importance of knowing the profile of users of tax software; Offer of business advice to clients; Standardization of processes in the delivery of services.