Minimalist to milquetoast?
- Radical comfort. McGivney, Annette; Hansen, Eric // Backpacker;Oct98, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p82
Evaluates several backpacking equipment and supplies. Eureka Atlas, Slumberjack Ranger 20 and Mountain Tools Hot Tamale back packs; Alico Cortina shoes; Devold Nansen sweater.
- An all-season palace. Hostetter, Kristin; Hansen, Eric // Backpacker;Dec98, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p122
Evaluates several backpacking equipment and supplies. Leak-proof boots; Hiking clothes; Novel burrito-style stuff sack; Sundog Action telezoon case and harness.
- Raincoats for your feet. Dorn, Jonathan // Backpacker;Dec98, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p126
Features several gaiters for use in backpacking. Includes the Black Diamond Sportee; Home Grown Gaiter Co. Cross Country; La Sportiva Gasket; L.L. Bean Northwoods Gaiters; Liberty Mountain Sports/Sova Taiga; Log House Designs Gore-Tex Front Zip.
- Editor's Choice '99. // Backpacker;Apr99, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p86
Provides information on several backpacking equipment. Dana Design Terraplane; Outdoor Research Crocodile; Mountain Hardwear Pack Pants; Prices and sizes of the equipment.
- A Bag For Soggy Nights. Hostetter, Kristin // Backpacker;Apr99, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p118
Provides information on several products used in hiking. Details on the 2nd Dimension synthetic bag with a water-resistant, windproof, breathable shell; Features of the Pacific Trail Jacket Trail Jacket and Storm Pants; Information on the Saint Louis Braid Company's Trail Creek laces.
- The North Face Women's Fitted Hoodie. Dorn, Jonathan // Backpacker;Dec99, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p108
Evaluates the North Face Women's Fitted Hoodie body warmer for women backpackers. Price and features; Contact information.
- Is It Covered? // Backpacker;Mar2007, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p28
This article provides information on the store warranties of various backpacking equipment including rainflys, backpack straps, GPS systems, and boot treading.
- When the Rivet Pops. Stevenson, Jason // Backpacker;Mar2007, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p28
This article provides information on store warranties and backpacking equipment, as well as a guide to getting broken gear fixed for free.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE 2007. // Backpacker;Apr2007, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p97
The article evaluates products used in backpacking, including the JanSport Whitaker LR Backpack and the Big Sky SummitShelters tents.
- Tried and true. // Backpacker;May95, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p58
Describes the favorite gear of `Backpacker' editors when they go hiking or backpacking. Includes Patagoina Skanorak; North Face Cat's Meow sleeping bag; Northwest River Supplies Tuff Sack; Woolrich plaid shirt; Alligator clip on cord; Water sun shower; Dana Design Terraplane pack; Crazy Creek...