Calling Dr. disc
- Reply to "Some Critical Remarks on a Hierarchy of Fault-Detecting Abilities of Test Methods". Frankl, Phyllis G.; Weyuker, Elaine J. // IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering;Oct95, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p861
In the paper "Probable Improvements on Branch Testing," the authors, DeMillo, Mathur and Wong attempt to establish that Theorem 4 of  is invalid. Theorem 4 deals with a variant of mutation testing called limited mutation testing involving two mutation operators. The theorem states that this...
- Testing Without ATS. Nass, Richard // Design News;Apr2013, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p12
The author believes that automated test software (ATS) can execute repetitive tasks very quickly, but on the other hand, if the test used is wrong or if the test used the wrong variable/characteristic/criteria, then the data gathered will be useless. He adds that while the ATS can make...
- Evaluating Different Strategies for Testing Software Product Lines. Colanzi, Thelma; Assunção, Wesley; de Freitas Guilhermino Trindade, Daniela; Zorzo, Carlos; Vergilio, Silvia // Journal of Electronic Testing;Feb2013, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p9
The Software Product Line (SPL) approach is associated with many benefits, and with some challenges too. In the SPL testing, a great challenge is the integration of test methods and techniques with the SPL engineering. To do this, some strategies have been proposed, however, they have not been...
- Quality questions spur software testing. LaMonica, Martin // InfoWorld;6/26/95, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p25
Reports on computer software testing tools announced as of July 26, 1995. Seague Software Inc.'s QA Partner 3.0 and QA Planner; CenterLine Software inc.'s TestCenter and QualityCenter; Mercury Interactive Corp.'s XRunner 3.0 and WinRunner 3.5; Compuware Corp.'s Data-Xpert 1.0.
- Test-automation software saves developers time, effort. Duffy, Caroline A. // PC Week;2/15/93, Vol. 10 Issue 6, Development tools pS/13
Reports on the use of software-based test-automation tools for developers of programs. Softbridge Inc.'s Automated Testing Facility (ATF); Software Quality Automation Inc.'s SQA; Cost of software configuration; Microsoft Test's record and playback features; Software Quality Automation's OS/2...
- Guest editors' introduction to the special section on exploring the boundaries of software test automation. Budnik, Christof J.; Chan, W. K.; Kapfhammer, Gregory M.; Hong Zhu // Software Quality Journal;Dec2011, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p689
An introduction is presented in which the guest editors discuss various reports on topics including the automation of software testing, test case generation, and technique for identifying infeasible branches.
- Untitled. Williams, Alun // Electronics Weekly;6/23/2010, p3
A blog regarding the generation of a single cycle of low frequency near sine wave to test a software by Bernard Green of Syemon Electronic Solutions, is presented.
- Mixing apples, oranges: Solutions-based testing takes over... Petreley, Nicholas // InfoWorld;3/4/96, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p102
Reports on a method called solution-based testing, which is utilized in product testing. InfoWorld use of this method; Eamples of this method; Advantages of solutions-based testing; How this process works.
- A critical test: Which warrior has won Java War? Strehlo, Kevin // InfoWorld;11/25/96, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p66
Discusses the importance of an accurate system test plan as part of a clear requirement specification for a computer program. Need to talk about functional requirements in terms of the key commands or functions the program executes; Development of the Java Wars game.