I hear, you see
- CD-ROMs make learning history fun, interactive. Belsie, Laurent // Christian Science Monitor;9/26/95, Vol. 87 Issue 211, p14
Presents the author's experience with history lessons on CD-ROM games. Description of games-`Oregon Trail II', `Reelect JFK' and others.
- Math. Pemberton, Heather // Multimedia Schools;May/Jun94, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p51
Gives information on the CD-ROMs `Alge-Blaster 3,' `CD-Calculus,' and `Interactions.' Features of these products; Suggested age categories where use is applicable.
- Science. Pemberton, Heather // Multimedia Schools;May/Jun94, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p51
Presents information on CD-ROMs that pertain to science. Names of the CD-ROMs include `Daring to Fly!' and `Alcohol'; Cost of the CD-ROMs; Features of the CD-ROMs.
- Personal computer software for handling references from CD-ROM and mainframe sources for scientific and medical reports. Jones, Richard G. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/17/93, Vol. 307 Issue 6897, p180
Focuses on the use of computer based literature searches. Selection of CD ROMS as primary source; Availability of personal computers; Compatibility of the systems with the word processors.
- Art-official intelligence. Adams, Joshua B. // Town & Country;Dec94, Vol. 148 Issue 5175, p198
Presents CD-ROMs on art. Hardware requirements; Prices.
- The correct answer...to the best algebra CD-ROMs! Mattson, Merry // Technology Connection;Apr98, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p30
Compares the features of several algebra CD-ROMs. Cliff's Studyware; Astro Algebra; Algebra Quest; Algebra Smart; Evaluation according to topics covered, mode of instruction and progress recording functions.
- Kentucky Replaces Earth Science Basal Text with Online Courseware. // District Administration;Dec2001, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p12
Reports the online software electronic learning product in Kentucky. Use of educational software and CD-ROM programs as supplementary materials; Cost of the software program; Features of the online courseware.
- Multimedia training flourishes. K.S. // PC Week;8/9/93, Vol. 10 Issue 31, p105
Reports on the use of CD ROM as a training medium in business environments. Applied Learning International's training software on CD ROM for Microsoft Excel, Lotus 1-2-3, Windows and other programs; FirstClass Systems Corp.'s training courses on CD ROM; Development of in-house titles.
- Educational CD-ROMs: A progress report for the disc-interested. Berger, Pam; Kinnell, Susan K. // School Library Journal;Oct94, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p26
Discusses the phenomenal growth of CD-ROM technology in schools. Advantages of CD-ROM over other methods of information storage; Assessing the field; Cost; Platform; Trends; The challenge of technology. INSETS: Dr. Seuss on CD-ROM;CD-ROM distributors;Evaluation & selection.