DMI announces DVD mastering and replicating capabilities
- SightSound.com, Metafilmics team on film download; Sony expands DVD production. Fitzpatrick, Eileen // Billboard;03/18/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 12, p71
Reports on developments in the digital video disc (DVD) industry as of March 18, 2000. Success of Internet movie distributor SightSound.com in obtaining digital rights to broadcast mainstream movies over the Web; Sony Disc Manufacturing's addition of more DVD production lines in the market.
- THE NEXT BIG THING? Rolnick, Jody // Oregon Business Magazine;Sep2000, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p11
Reports that the Sony Disc Manufacturing Inc. in Springfield, Oregon has begun a digital authoring service. Use in making business presentations; Promotional digital video disc (DVD) for Rexius Forest By-Products Inc.; Storage capacity of DVD compared with that of compact disc.
- DMI tackles multimedia future. Verna, Paul // Billboard;4/1/95, Vol. 107 Issue 13, p78
Reports on Disc Manufacturing Inc.'s (DMI) expansion of its multimedia division by doubling its production capacity. Expansion of Alabama plant's floor-area; Expansion as triggered by the growth of the CD-ROM market; New products under development.
- Reducing counterfeiting risk. // CD-ROM Professional;May95, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the debut of Disc Manufacturing Inc.'s ImageDisc process designed to make CD-ROMs difficult to counterfeit. Imprints on available non-data areas; Production of digital images; Licensing schemes.
- SONY DISC MANUFACTURING EXPANDS PRODUCTION IN INDIANA. // CD Computing News;Nov2000, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the DVD production expansion completed by Sony Disc Manufacturing at the Terre Haute, Indiana facility.
- SONY TO LAUNCH HYBRID SUPER AUDIO CD PRODUCTION LINE. // CD Computing News;Mar2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the plan of Sony Disc Manufacturing to install a hybrid Super Audio Compact Disc at its manufacturing facility in Terre Haute, Indiana by April 2003.
- CD-ROM patent law decision upsets an applecart. Bennett, Hugh // CD-ROM Professional;Nov96, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p11
Focuses on the possible invalidation of many compact disc (CD) licensing agreements based upon patents issued in 1989 to Thompson SA of France, better known as RCA in the United States. Decision of a Delaware district court to dismiss the action on Thomson's infringement lawsuit against Disc...
- SONY DISC MANUFACTURING ADDS DVD PACKAGING ASSEMBLY LINES. // CD Computing News;Oct2002, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the DVD packaging lines installed by Sony Disc Manufacturing at its Pitman, New Jersey and Springfield, Oregon plants.
- New centrifugal chillers an instant hit at Sony CD facility. // Engineered Systems;Sep2002, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p16
Features centrifugal chillers from Sony Disc Manufacturing facility in Springfield, Oregon. Decision of Sony to use OptiSpeed at off-design conditions for 90 percent operating hours; Use of Sony hvac system data for YorkCalc energy analysis; Advantages of chiller to run colder condenser water.