Encore! Duplication field grows again with JIS, Champion
- IXOS enhances its CD jukebox management. Lapolla, Stephanie // PC Week;12/16/96, Vol. 13 Issue 50, p58
Discusses iXOS Software Inc.'s Jukeman 2.1 compact disc (CD) jukebox management software. Concurrent read and write access to CD drives, jukeboxes or towers within Windows NT and Unix environments; Platforms supported; Load balancing; Availability; Cost; Company contact information.
- Macrovision Estimates $717M in Lost Revenue Due to Piracy. // EMedia Magazine;Nov2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p15
Reports on the losses incurred by computer software companies in the United States (U.S.) due to unauthorized software copying. Number of households and offices in U.S. equipped with personal computer/CD-ROM drives; Amount of unauthorized software copied in 1999.
- Burn, Baby, Burn. Quittner, Joshua; Hamilton, Anita // Time International (South Pacific Edition);06/28/1999, Issue 26, p78
Discusses several aspects of copying compact discs (CD). The author's experiences with Links Extreme software form Access; Information about recordable CD-Rom drives; Discussion of MP3, the standard for downloading music online; The author's test of IBM Aptiva E Series 585; Rewritable (RW)...
- Is ROM a bomb? Atwood, Brett // Billboard;06/21/97, Vol. 109 Issue 25, p60
Examines reasons for downsizing and withdrawal from the software market of entertainment companies, in light of attendance at the annual Electronic Entertainment Exposition in June, 1997. Too many companies releasing too many titles; Software retailers that have closed, including Tandy's...
- TEAC bundles Toast with CD recorders. Sillitoe, Sue // Pro Sound News;Jan97, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p15
Reports that TEAC Europe's line of compact disc recorders are to be sold exclusively with Astarte's Toast CD-ROM Pro Version 3 mastering software for the Macintosh. What Toast offers.
- CD-Erasable: It's a wipe out. Bennett, Hugh // EMedia Professional;Feb97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p92
Opinion. Presents the author's view on compact disc-erasable (CD-E). CD-E compared to CD-Recordable; Problems on CD-E media; Opinion on the claim that CD-E is `the best bridge to digital versatile disc.'
- CD-Tracker. // EMedia Professional;Oct98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p13
Presents a graph depicting the global market share of compact disc-R (CD-R) media for the first half of 1998.
- the new dyes cast. Starrett, Robert A. // EMedia Professional;Oct98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p26
Focuses on the production of compact disc-recordable CD-R) media. Notable companies in involved in CD-R manufacturing; Marketing of CD-R media; Factors contributing to the usability and longevity of CD-R media; Key issues faced by manufacturers in CD-R production; Dye formulations used in CD-R...
- survey says. Misek, Marla // EMedia Professional;Oct98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p38
Reports on the results of a survey on compact disc-recordable (CD-R) and CD-ReWritable (CD-RW) usage. Preferred CD-R and CD-RW media; Blanks of CD-R discs used per year; Interest in digital video disk-recordable. INSET: GEOMATICS INTERNATIONAL HITS THE CD-R JACKPOT.