Facts, figures, & findings
- Server showcase in N.Y. Francis, Bob; Pontin, Jason // InfoWorld;6/19/95, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p1
Reports on several personal computer (PC) vendors that will launch a new generation of servers to provide data-crunching capability needed in client/server environments at the PC Expo. HP's new server architecture, NetServer LS based on Intel's Extended Express motherboard design; IBM's...
- Modern benchmarks for modern servers. Van Name, Mark L.; Catchings, Bill // PC Week;6/28/93, Vol. 10 Issue 25, p88
Opinion. Discusses the use of PC Bench and WinBench to gauge the performance of desktop personal computers. PC Expo; Usefulness of Benchmarks; WaffleMarks; DeadStones; FloppyMarks; StretchMarks; MillStones; IdleMark; DeadMarks.
- Gobi PC: A promising proposal. Spangler, Todd // Inter@ctive Week;08/02/99, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p54
Evaluates a strategy in selling the Gobi personal computer (PC). How to set-up the Gobi PC; Features of the PC; Limitations of some parts of the PC. INSET: Gobi PC.
- Big Blue feeling blue over sloganeering. Khermouch, Gerry // Brandweek;7/4/94, Vol. 35 Issue 27, p9
Focuses on the marketing and advertising programs of several computer companies. 1994 PC Expo; Marketing and brand building of IBM; Dell Computer's refinement of its segmentation scheme; Marketing campaign of Hewlett-Packard; Expected major television advertising to step up the pursuit of...
- What's new. Clark, Brian L. // Money;Sep2000, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p151
Presents a look at Intel's Dot.Station Web Appliance, which among other computer-related activities can also make a phone call. Promotion of the machine at the 2000 PC Expo; Possibility that the computer may never be sold in retail stores; How Intel plans to market the machine to such...
- Winning products make a difference. Caton, Michael // PC Week;07/05/99, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p20
Discusses the PC Week Winners' Circle @ PC Expo awards. What the decisions of the judges reflect; What the Winners' Circle honorees represent; Four categories from which finalists and winners were selected.
- Products at Expo portend enterprise trends. // PC Week;07/05/99, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p20
Discusses the 1999 PC Expo computer show. Products relating to the Internet revolution; Handheld computers; Personal productivity; Desktop computers; Enterprise hardware/software.
- Call it PC Catch-22. Harrison, Kimberly P. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/5/94, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the personal computer retail business in Cleveland, Ohio. Expected increase in sales for the holiday season; Volume of sales needed to make a profit; Increased competition among retailers.
- PCs proving they still have plenty of pull. Daugherty, Christy // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/08/96, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p19
Reports on the activity of retail stores in the sale of personal computers. Factors of growth; Sale of computer peripherals; Costs of computers; Use of computers at home; Percentage of households that own personal computers.