Elektroson shifts into top gear for DVD
- Dual-Format DVD Recorder Studied. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;01/22/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the feasibility of developing digital video discs (DVD). Promotion of adopting the DVD-RW format by the RW Products Promotion Initiative; Applicability of the DVD players to rewritable discs; Possibility of extending the DVD-RW format to personal computer peripherals.
- Grolier announces Multimedia Encyclopedia on DVD. // Computers in Libraries;Mar1998, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p64
States that Grolier Interactive has announced plans for a digital video disc (DVD) version of its 'Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia 1998,' Deluxe Edition. Brief mention of features; Company contact information.
- DVD-ROM. // Discount Store News;4/20/98, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p47
Features several digital video disc-read only memory (DVD-ROM). `Godzilla's Revenge,' from Simitar Entertainment; `Earthlight,' from DVD International.
- Feel the noise. // Australian Personal Computer;Jan2002, Issue 277, p34
Introduces Cyberlink's PowerDVD digital-video-disc playback software program. Product features.
- CD/DVD Librarian News. // Computers in Libraries;Sep99, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p70
Presents news relating to DVD/CD-ROM and libraries. The release of the Philips DVD+RW 3.0-GB data storage drive from Philips Consumer Electronics; The release of the Eyewitness World Atlas DVD-ROM Deluxe Edition from DK Interactive Learning; `American Social Issues: An Interactive Encyclopedia'...
- REFRAME: CINEMA 16: AMERICAN SHORT FILMS. // Vertigo (09687904);Summer2006, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p15
The article reviews the DVD playing computer software REFRAME, developed by Tony Cryer, Nick Haeffner, Chris Lane, Ken MacKinnon and Souli Spiropoulou.
- Microsoft releases the Encarta Reference Suite 98 DVD. // Computers in Libraries;Feb98, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p57
Announces that Microsoft has released its first digital video disc (DVD) title, Encarta DVD-ROM Reference Suite 98. Details about the combined reference works; Price; Company contact information.
- Is it legal to burn your own copies of DVD movies? // Australian Personal Computer;Jun2004, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p15
The article focuses on the legality of DVD copying software. The big news is that courts in the U.S. have declared the DVD copying software, DVD X Copy, illegal. One can still buy the product from an Australian distributor, but sources inform that the ripping features have been disabled....
- AOpen DRW8800. // Australian Personal Computer;Jun2004, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p57
The AOpen DRW8800, an optical storage device is a bit of an underachiever, with the second slowest results in both the DVD and CD read tests for everyday usage. It tested successfully with no errors in burning. However, the DVD read test result of 6.01x over the length of a 4.68GB disk, and...
- Build a Bootable Windows CD. Mader, Carolyn // Windows IT Pro;Dec2005, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p66
The article reports on the release of PE Builder program from N2U Productions. The program helps the user build a Bart Preinstalled Environment bootable Windows CD or DVD from the original Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 installation/setup CD. It is noted that the software does not require...