IXOS offers GUI in new version and now supports Sony and
- Self-improvement via CD-ROMs: How to write a will, learn... Kautzman, Amy; Burg, Barbara // Searcher;Apr97, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p12
Reviews the compact disc-read only memories (CD-ROMs) `Willmaker 6,' `Julia Child: Home Cooking with Master Chefs,' `Time Management,' `Practice Makes Perfect French,' and `French and Berlitz Think & Talk French.' INSET: Products reviewed..
- CD review. Cardullo, Joanne // Investigating: Australian Primary & Junior Science Journal;Nov97, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p32
Reviews three CD-ROMs. `Lost Animals: Living on the edge of extinction'; `Sonoran Desert: A multimedia field trip to the Cactus Desert of Arizona'; `Worlds of the Reef: A multimedia expedition to the rainforests of the sea.'
- Software reviews. Faber, J.P. // U.S. Kids;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p28
Presents a review of the Compact Disc-Read Only Memories (CD-ROMs) `Math Heads,' `Madeline: European Adventure' and `Pirates: Captain's Quest.'
- Bringing parks and the CDT to life. Morris, Michele // Backpacker;Dec97, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p21
Evaluates the compact disc read-only memory (CD-ROM) `National Parks 3.0,' from Cambrix Publishing.
- Texture collections on CD-ROM. McClelland, Deke // Macworld;Aug1993, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p146
Features D'Pix's Folio 1 Media Kit and Form and Function's Wraptures One and Wraptures Two collections of high-resolution texture images available on CD-ROM. Image quality; Supply of images; Printed image library; Resolution quality.
- Stack that data, compress that file. BF // New Scientist;12/18/93, Vol. 140 Issue 1904, p44
Reviews computer softwares and a CD-ROM disk. `Stacker 3.1' from Stac Electronics; `QUEMM version 7' from Quarterdeck Office Systems; `Mathcad 4.0 for Windows' from MathSoft Europe; `Genome Electronic Book' on CD-ROM from Crosswinds; Prices; Contact information.
- Multimedia reviews: Databases. Valenza, Joyce // Media & Methods;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p64
Reviews the CD-ROM `Landmark Documents in American History.' What the disk contains about United States history; How users may conduct searches; Price of the product.
- Multimedia reviews: Databases. Valenza, Joyce // Media & Methods;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p65
Reviews the CD-ROM `Art on Screen.' Details on development at Columbia University; Disk as an index to `moving image' productions related to the visual arts; Contents of the database.
- CD-ROMS. Parmigiani, Rosemary // Media & Methods;Feb2001, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p24
Reviews several CD-ROMs that may be of interest to teachers and students, including Create Together and STAR Math 1.2.
- Book Reviews. Methot, Suzanne // Canadian Geographic;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 119 Issue 6, p86
Reviews the CD-ROM The Great Peace: The Gathering of Good Minds, from the Working World Training Center.