Toray's PD offers parallel port access and higher speeds
- Attention Jaz lovers: SyJet costs less. Farrance, Rex; Arar, Yardena // PC World;May97, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p78
Evaluates the SyJet small computer serial interface (SCSI) drive from SyQuest Technology. Cost; Storage capacity; The parallel port package with SCSI-to-parallel port adapter; Speed of retrieval; Cache size; Performance; Recommendation.
- Here's How: Upgrade Guide. Miastkowski, Stan // PC World;Jun97, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p294
Presents a guide to installing a Small Computer System Interface (SCSI) add-in card. Features and drawbacks of SCSI cards and peripherals; Contact point for more details.
- SCSI, E-IDE, and the battle for the minds and hearts of multimedia developers. Fritz, Mark // CD-ROM Professional;Jan1995, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p51
Focuses on small computer system interface (SCSI) and enhanced-integrated device electronics (E-IDE). Advantages and disadvantages of both technologies; Reasons behind the preference for SCSI; Potentials of E-IDE; Sustained data transfer rates and burst rates; Multitasking capabilities; Future...
- Diamond rolls out another SCSI connector. // PC Week;03/24/97, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p54
Notes the release of the FirePort 20, a SCSI connector from Diamond Multimedia Systems Inc.'s FirePort line of I/0 devices. Features of the PCI-based Ultra SCSI adapter; Backwards compatibility with Fast SCSI devices; Speed; Price.
- Multimode terminator. // Machine Design;08/19/99, Vol. 71 Issue 16, p120
Introduces the computer bus Multimode Small Computer Systems Interface (SCSI) Terminator from Unitrode Corp. Features; How the device works.
- the ever-adaptable SCSI. Doering, David // EMedia;May2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p41
Focuses on Adaptec's release of its line of Ultra160 small computer systems interface (SCSI) cards. History of SCSI; Features of the Ultra160 SCSI specification.
- Dell, Adaptec announce RAID relationship. // InfoWorld;11/16/98, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p5
Reports on a partnership between Dell and Adaptec to develop a 64-bit, PCI-to-Ultra2 small system computer interface (SCSI) redundant array of inexpensive disks (RAID) controller for Dell's PowerEdge servers. Agreements with Dell to develop storage technologies; Availability of the servers in...
- What's hot. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;8/12/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p37
Highlights the features of computer peripherals and software. Adaptec AHA-2949 Ultra LA SCSI adapter; Canon BJC-6000 Bubble Jet printer; Symantec pcAnywhere 9.0.
- SEIKO EPSON SELECTS ADAPTEC SCSI RAID TECHNOLOGY. // Computer Workstations;Oct2000, p2
Focuses on the selection of Adaptec Ultra2 SCSI RAID computer peripherals by Seiko Epson Corp. in Milpitas, California. Details of the AAA-131U2 Ultra2 SCSI RAID card; Information on the 'RAID Everywhere' initiative of Adaptec Inc.; Views of General manager Toshiro Horikawa concerning the Inter...