Consumers connect to Internet in living rooms: Competition
- Our IPTV wish list's Top 10. Briere, Danny // Telephony;10/22/2007, Vol. 248 Issue 17, p32
The article lists the top ten products which are expected to be created by manufacturers in the Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) industry in 2008, which includes a Disney Mickey Mouse/Minnie Mouse handheld controller, a simple mini-keyboard and a Barbie toy.
- Putting the Internet on big-screen TV. Vizard, Frank // Popular Science;Jul96, Vol. 249 Issue 1, p50
Investigates plans by TV manufacturers to include Internet access into the construction of their televisions. RCA's big push to include access with its Starsight programming guide; The home server, a device to receive and decode live signals; Other optional Internet equipment; Manufacturers who...
- A $300 `entry-level' device has some bankers intrigued; others not swayed from PCs. Bloom, Jennifer Kingso // American Banker;1/21/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 13, p4A
Speculates on the impact on the banking industry of the Web TV, which enables users to browse the Internet and watch television on the same device. Retail prices as of March 1997; Features and capabilities; Companies manufacturing Web TVs.
- Wish You Could Catch the Game on Your Laptop? Baer, Adam // Inc.;Sep2010, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p48
The article evaluates several mobile television (TV) gadgets including the Mophie Juice Pack TV, the Flo TV Personal television and the Valups Tivizen.
- Justices set to put stamp on Brand X. Boliek, Brooks // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/29/2005, Vol. 388 Issue 24, p1
This article reports that the U.S. Supreme Court today will hear arguments over who will control the networks on which the Internet depends. The decision in the Brand X case could alter the competitive landscape for high-speed broadband services. Brand X, the small Santa Monica Internet service...
- ROKU BOOSTS MARKETING AS GOOGLE, APPLE RAMP UP COMPETITION. McDermott, John // Advertising Age;9/2/2013, Vol. 84 Issue 30, p21
The article focuses on Matthew Anderson, Chief Marketing Officer of the household electronics industry firm Roku which manufactures television set-top boxes for streaming Internet television into television receivers. A challenge facing Anderson and the company presented by competition from...
- Sybase media division outlines I-TV strategies. Schroeder, Erica // PC Week;7/24/95, Vol. 12 Issue 29, p8
Reports on Sybase Inc.'s plans for providing Internet computer network and interactive television tools and servers. Authoring and hardware tools for delivering interactive multimedia content; Unveiling of new products; Introduction of programs for set-top-box original equipment manufacturers...
- Aurora Networks launches universal services node QAM. // IPTV Monthly Newsletter;Dec2011, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p4
The article offers brief information on the universal services node QAM from Aurora Networks Inc.
- The biggest thing since color? Krantz, Michael; Eisenberg, Daniel // Time International (South Pacific Edition);8/19/96, Issue 34, p74
Relates that computer and television makers are racing to bring the Internet to the television screen. Predictions as the amount of sales for Net television devices; Companies which are cashing in on the concept; Costs; Potential problems.