CD-R based production proliferates with Cygnet
- A buyers guide to CD-R recorders and premastering software. Banet, Bernard // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;9/4/95, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p23
Discusses the features one should look for in a compact disc-recordable (CD-R) drives and the pitfalls to avoid when buying a CD-R drive. Selecting an authoring tool; Evaluating premastering software; Hardware features to consider. INSET: Corel CD Creator: Setting a benchmark for ease of use..
- CD ROM price drop. Glitman, Russell; Abernathy, Joe // PC World;Apr94, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p65
Reports on the predicted prices of CD-ROM products in the United States for 1994 from Dataquest senior analyst Patty Chang. Double-speed CD-ROM drives; Multimedia upgrade kits; Increase in sales of multimedia personal computers (PC); High prices for triple-speed and quadruple-speed drives.
- CD recording tips. Seymour, Jim // Australian Personal Computer;Apr95, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p64
Offers advice on CD-ROM recording. Software installation; Use of Corel's new CD Creator software; Installation of additional SCSI controller; Use of fast hard disk; Storing temporary files on a fast local disk.
- More media testing and testers. // CD-ROM Professional;Mar1996, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p28
Presents testing services and equipment designed to evaluate blank CD-ROM and CD-Recordable media and the finished CD-ROM products. Applied Micro Electronics Ltd. Media Systems' AME CD Analyzer; Media Sciences Inc.'s disc-testing services; Pricing; Contact information.
- Go ahead...complain. Thompson, Brad // CD-ROM Professional;May96, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p93
Focuses on problems stemming from the installation of CD-ROM drives. Differences in the impact of installation problems for original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and end-users; Printed documentation; Problems with badly designed hardware; Installation software; Commercial drive simulators.
- Multiple disc CD-ROM systems. Lieberman, Paula // CD-ROM Professional;Mar1995, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p60
Presents an overview of multiple disc CD-ROM systems. CD-ROM towers and arrays; Small and large capacity jukeboxes; CD-ROM servers, operating systems, networking and networking interfaces; Security and licensing; Integration issues; Multidisc vendor directory. INSET: Barriers to multidisc systems..
- Multiple duplicator debuts, price drops mark continued market growth. // CD-ROM Professional;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p28
Presents several compact disc-recordable duplicators and duplication systems from several manufacturers. SR-4400 A/V desktop duplicator; Maker CD-R duplication system from Microtech Conversion Systems; Alea-CD-R duplicators.
- To rant or to rave? That is the question. Jacso, Peter // Computers in Libraries;May95, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p57
Evaluates CD-ROM technologies and applications. Examples of breakthrough products; Author's irritation with CD-ROM megapack and 3.5 inch CD-ROM drive; Convenience from a CD-ROM jukebox that can accommodate seven discs.
- New CD-ROM towers, libraries, and servers. // EMedia Professional;Mar1997, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p20
Presents several machines for multiple compact disc-read only memory (CD-ROM) access. `Millenia Series 700' networking towers by SMS Data Products Group; `Infinidisc Robotic CD Library' by Cygnet Storage Solutions; SciNet Series 400 CD-Server' by SciNet.