Cirrus Logic and Zoran revolutionizing chipset architecture
- Route 66. Rapoza, Jim // PC Week;9/12/94, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p91
Suggests dual 66MHz Pentium machines as alternative to expensive Pentium 90MHz processors. Brands of computers containing 66MHz Pentium processors; Details of prices.
- Plug and Play must start with compliant OSes, motherboards. Gibson, Steve // InfoWorld;11/22/93, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p38
Opinion. Comments on the personal computer industry's Plug and Play (PNP) auto-configuration management architecture. PNP advances presented at the 1993 Comdex Computer Show; Goals of PNP; Effect of PNP capability on computer systems; PNP preboot capability.
- Embedded IC slugfest intensifies. DeTar, Jim // Electronic News;9/19/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2032, p1
Reports increased embedded application of microprocessors and microcontrollers by various companies. Development of PCI Mezzanine Card (PMC); Moves by IBM and Motorola and announcement of Embedded RISC processor and controller; Activities in Toshiba; Intel's plan for register-based MCU...
- The MVIP architecture. Turner, Brough // Electronic Design;10/25/94, Vol. 42 Issue 22, p80
Describes various aspects of the Multi-vendor Integration Protocol (MVIP) architecture designed for multimedia communications. Major components; Layers of the MVIP switch architectures; Features of the software drivers and layered application programming interfaces components of MVIP.
- Re-engineering Security as a Crosscutting Concern. I.S. Welch; R.J. Stroud // Computer Journal;2003, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p578
We have re-engineered a third-party application using a reflective security architecture that allows security to be treated as a crosscutting concern. This has resulted in a considerable reduction in tangling between application code and security code. Prior to the re-engineering, the...
- Informix backs Java and COM components. Vizard, Michael // InfoWorld;08/24/98, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p5
Details Informix Software Inc.'s program to create a distributed component architecture to help users navigate easily between Microsoft and the backers of Enterprise JavaBeans and their CORBA object-specification allies. Extension to Informix's DataBlade technology; Informix Chief Technology...
- New flash enhancements up ante. Cataldo, Anthony // Electronic News (10616624);3/13/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2056, p50
Reports on Intel's introduction of two versions of a 4-Mbit flash device that wed its code-storing boot-block architecture with its dual-supply SmartVoltage design. Background on the boot-black architecture; Incentives offered; Features of the flash device; Applications.
- Sun in proper orbit. // Electronic News;6/6/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2017, p4
Reports on the release of version 9 of Sun Microsystems' SPARC architecture in late 1994. Capabilities; Matsushita Electric Industrial Co.'s unveiling of its MN105004 based on SPARC v.8.
- Sega platform targets karaoke-on-demand. // Electronic News;7/11/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2022, p26
Reports on Sega Enterprises' ISDN-based networked karaoke system architecture. Partnership with Japanese companies; Capabilities and specifications; Support and compatibility; Sega's Genesis 32X machine.