- Mixed outlook for CD-ROM. // Emergency Librarian;May/Jun95, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p67
Focuses on the future of CD-ROM publishing. Growth of the demand and supply of CD-ROMs; Advantages of conventional publishing over CD-ROM publishing.
- The disc-at-once mastering solution for CD-audio and mixed mode. Pahwa, Ash // CD-ROM Professional;Oct95, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p116
Presents a discussion of disc-at-once mastering solution for CD-ROM publishing. Use in CD-audio and mixed mode; Basic characteristics of compact disc architecture; Track-at-once stream-breakers; Table-of-contents segment; Indexing.
- Profiles encourage the consumer title publishing business. Gussin, Lawrence // CD-ROM Professional;Nov96, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p30
Focuses on the research findings concerning the growth of the CD-ROM consumer title publishing business. Survey `Economic Impact of the Interactive Entertainment/Edutainment Software Industry,' by Coopers & Lybrand; PC Data's report on the top five publishers; InfoTech's research on the number...
- Beyond games. Rawlinson, Nora; Sena, Miyuki // Publishers Weekly;9/4/1995 Supplement, Vol. 242 Issue 36, pS5
Introduces a listing of companies marketing at least two multimedia titles in the United States.
- The JAL guide to the professional literature: CD-ROM products & services. Altman, Ellen; Pratt, Allan // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Jan1996, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p67
Presents an abstract of the article `CD-ROM Publishing Today--What's Hot and What's Not,' by Nancy K. Herther published in `Database,' dated August/September 1995.
- Budget bytes. Desmaris, Norman // Computers in Libraries;Dec93, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p42
Describes CD-ROM titles available in the market that librarians and consumers with limited budgets can purchase. Encyclopedias; Telephone directories; Literature.
- Computer publishers spin CD-ROMs. Johnson, Bradley // Advertising Age;11/8/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 47, p57
Reports on computer publishers' unveiling of advertisement-supported CD-ROM discs that offer a way to mix print advertising, video and product sampling. CMP Publications' `NetSource' compact disc; Ziff-Davis Publishing Co.'s CD-ROM supplement to `PC Magazine'; International Data Group's...
- MILIA 96 offers audio insights into m'media. Foster, Bill // Pro Sound News;Jan96, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p14
Presents information on the MILA conference scheduled for February 8 through 12, 1996, highlighting the focus on multimedia and compact disc publishing. Topics to be discussed; Identification of participants and their roles; Number of exhibitors who reserved space on the exhibition floor;...
- CD-ROM mastering: What are your publishing options? Carter, Bryan J. // T H E Journal;Feb95, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p80
Discusses the intricacies of CD-ROM publishing. Background on the emergence of CD-ROM technology; Logistical issues; Disc architecture and formats; Data integrity and performance; Production issues; Technological insurance; Cost comparison.