Drive differentiation: Write/read or speed
- Review roundup: Catching up on CD-ROM drive, ink jet printer, and high-speed modem developments. Connolly, Bruce // Online;Jul93, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p36
Discusses the technological innovations in the products of computer peripheral manufacturers as reviewed by several computer magazines. DOS and Macintosh's CD-ROM drives; NEC Corp.'s multispin drives; Criteria for CD-ROM drives for libraries; Hewlett-Packard Co. as the industry leader in...
- Let's get rocked. Race, Nick // Australian Personal Computer;Mar2004, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p60
The VPC-1000 Multimedia Hub is a surprisingly good mix of standalone stereo, DVD-ROM and audio processor designed for the lounge room PC crowd. Functioning as a standard DVD drive when the PC is turned on and a stereo while the PC is off, a flip-down fascia hides the DVD-ROM tray with a...
- New Information Products for CD-ROM. Schwerin, Julie B. // Information Today;May1986, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p7
This article looks at the information products that are or would be developed for CD-ROM. Of the 40 optical information products on or coming on the market, only a handful are new in the sense that they do something never before possible, taking advantage of the unique characteristics of the...
- Technical needs. // Quill & Quire;Apr96, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p21
Discusses hardware requirements for various educational CD-ROM books. Virtual Reality Bird and Virtual Reality Cat; The Lost Mind of Dr. Brain; Undersea Adventure.
- Streetprices. // InfoWorld;05/05/97, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p40
Lists street prices for CD-ROM drives in the United States for the week of May 5, 1997.
- Destroy all compact discs. Pacheco, Dennis Costa // Caribbean Business;8/30/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 34, p38
The article evaluates the USB-powered CD Destroyer.
- Single-bit output ports use unused address space. Labrosse, Jean J. // Electronic Design;10/3/94, Vol. 42 Issue 20, Engineering Software p36ES
Features a write-only device, 74HC259, used in applications requiring only single-bit output. Eight-bit addressable latch; Availability of EPROM address space for write-only devices; Control of devices the functions on a simple ON and OFF command; Illustration on how to use EPROM address space...
- Processing digital color images: From capture to display. Allenbach, Jan P. // Physics Today;Dec92, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p32
Examines the processes involved in electronic imaging systems and explains how to get devices in such systems to communicate in a manner that preserves color fidelity and is transparent to the user. Digital color providing a common language with which devices that `see' colors differently may...
- From photons to bits. Khosla, Rajinder P. // Physics Today;Dec92, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p42
Discusses the role of integrated circuitry, particularly charge-coupled devices, in the burgeoning technology of digital imaging. Image capturing and processing techniques in traditional photography, analog electronic imaging, and digital imaging; Solid-state devices; Conversion degradation;...