Facts, figures, & findings
- Hot PC products. Sciannamea, Mike; Schiff, Debra // Electronic Design;05/27/97, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p48BB
Presents news briefs relating to equipment and supplies for personal computers (PC), available in the United States. Introduction of the HiPerCam 1 from American Eltec, the first PowerPC camera; Review of the applications package Data Secure!; Features of the EZFlyer 230, an internal removable...
- When buying technical wares, some want vendors to throw the book at them. Foster, Ed // InfoWorld;06/16/97, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p106
Comments on `InfoWorld' reader complaints on the lack of manuals in computer products. Manuals as an important source of information to people administering and supporting complex products; Inadequacy of online documentation; Views that companies are using manuals as a profit center.
- The plug-and-play PC. Muhammed, Tariq K. // Black Enterprise;Mar1997, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p42
Presents `Know Brainer,' a package of personal computers from African American-owned firm RAM/ROM. How the name `Know Brainer' was derived; Features of the package; Price of the package.
- Broken promises. DiCarlo, Lisa; Moore, Mark // PC Week;04/07/97, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p1
Contrasts vendor promises as to the availability and performance of personal computer technologies. Universal Serial Bus (USB); Plug and Play (PNP); Fire Wire; Card Bus; Desktop Management Interface (DMI); Desktop power management; Discussion of the technologies at the April 1997 WinHEC show in...
- Hot PC products. // Electronic Design;10/01/97, Vol. 45 Issue 21, p64N
Presents information on a series of products developed for personal computers. Details on the products; Contact information.
- Product showcase. // Discount Store News;1/6/97, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p57
Features various computers and similar products from various vendors. Includes Samsung's SENS line of notebook computers; BMG Interactive's action game for PlayStation, Saturn and PC CD-ROM; Organizers from Texas Instruments.
- Hot PC products. Engelke, Roger; Sciannamea, Mike // Electronic Design;12/16/95, Vol. 43 Issue 26, p64P
Presents information on several microcomputer products in the United States as of January 16, 1995. Product features and capabilities; Price; Contact information.
- Get ready for the barrage of processor hype. Van Name, Mark L.; Catchings, Bill // PC Week;08/18/97, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p77
Opinion. Suggests that consumers have been the objects of a barrage of information, claims and hype in the X86 processor world during the past year as of August 18, 1997. Intel's push of a performance taxonomy; Intel's approach designed to help its own products.
- Product profiles. // Computing Japan;Feb97, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p45
Features a number of computer products. Includes digital versatile disc players from Fujitsu and Matsushita; Macintosh Performa 6420 from Apple Computer; Applause 2.0 from Ayumi Software; Voice Type Dictation 3.0 for Windows 95 from International Business Machines.
- News briefs: Desktop computing. // PC Week;11/27/95, Vol. 12 Issue 47, p27
Presents news briefs related to desktop computing as reported on November 27, 1995. JDR Microdevices Inc. which is offering Pentium based motherboard upgrade for 486-based hardware; High-contrast monitors for PCs, Macintosh launched by ViewSonic Corporation; Power Computing's...