People & ideas
- E-BUSINESS SHORTS. // InfoWorld;06/05/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p36
Covers news briefs on computer industry in the United States as of June 5, 2000. Acquisition of Information in Inform Software Systems by QSP; Alliance formed by Nitorum with eWork Exchange; Description of the AppConnect, a partner program formed by Ensim; Alliance of Calico with CyberSource.
- E-BUSINESS SHORTS. // InfoWorld;11/06/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p37
Presents news briefs on the computer industry in the United States as of November 6, 2000. Strategic alliance signed by Buy.com and Half.com company; Acquisition of Messaging Direct by Transaction Systems Architects; Alliance of Cap Gemini Ernst & Young company with SilverStream Software.
- HP Deal Puts Peregrine's Problems In the Past. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;9/26/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 39, p1
Talks about the sale of Peregrine Systems Inc. to Hewlett-Packard Co. Terms under the deal; Benefits of the agreement for both companies; Operations of both companies.
- SSA: unrealistic ambitions. // MarketWatch: Technology;July 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the expectation for the merger of Baan Co. with SSA Global Technologies Inc. Terms under the deal; Benefits of the agreement for both companies; Significance of the deal for the computer industry.
- PeopleSoft: head to head with a giant. // MarketWatch: Technology;July 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the intention of PeopleSoft Inc. to acquire J D Edwards. Sales performance of PeopleSoft Inc.; Factors influencing the two companies to come up with the idea of a merger; Benefits of the merger for both companies.
- ORACLE: IN THE OS BIZ. Darrow, Barbara // CRN;10/30/2006, Issue 1218, p112
The article focuses on the customer support collaboration between Oracle Corp. and Red Hat Inc. in the U.S. It aimed to boost the scalability ans performance of Red Hat Enterprise Linux including the operating system for Oracle environments. However, the author questions if the company will...
- NEWS bits. // Network World;6/20/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p6
Reports on developments in the computer industry in the U.S. Plans of Nortel Networks Corp. to re-enter the enterprise router market through a partnership to better compete against Cisco Inc.; Acquisition of storage security vendor, Decru Inc., by Network Appliance Inc.; Complaint filed by...
- Gateway Denies Acer Takeover Talks. Anderson, Dan // Orange County Business Journal;3/26/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p36
The article reports that Gateway Inc., an Irvine-based computer maker, has denied that it was in talks about a possible sale to Taiwan-based Acer Inc. An Acer-Gateway deal has long been considered a possibility as Gateway struggles to rebuild and Acer seeks a stronghold in the U.S. The...
- Sun, CGI join on life sciences services. Burt, Jeffrey // eWeek;11/3/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p31
In a move to further its utility computing strategy, Sun Microsystems Inc. is joining with IT services company CGI Group Inc. to offer hosted on-demand computing to customers in life sciences and other industries. CGI will host applications running on Sun computing resources at its Life Sciences...