NEC declines consumer markets in OEM/integrator gambit
- Integrating PDM with ERP. Miller, Ed // Computer-Aided Engineering;Dec97, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p70
Focuses on the effort of manufacturing companies in the United States to integrate product data management (PDM) with enterprise resource planning (ERP). Different approaches to PDM and ERP integration; Benefits of the effort to the manufacturing industry.
- CTI: A technology in transition. Korzeniowski, Paul // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Oct96, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p25
Focuses on the transition of the computer integrated telephony (CTI) system in the United States. Application of the CTI in telemarketing firms; Implication of the transition on the product's cost; Adoption of a modular approach; Worldwide revenue of CTI in 1996; Obstacle of the CTI systems on...
- Track A tool from crib to replacement. Jordan, John M.; Bradbury, Johanna L. // Modern Machine Shop;Apr98, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p192
Reports on the availability of CIMNET ToolMan manufacturing software system. Features; Manufacturer; Contact information.
- Assessing cost/capability of fully automated spinning. Cahill, Neil // Textile World;May94, Vol. 144 Issue 5, p37
Features the Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) plant, a 40,000 spindle, combed cotton Japanese spinning operation that is one of the world's most automated computerized ring spinning plants. Product and capacity of the plant; Analysis of a modulized plant; Cost-capability analysis; Degree...
- Your chance to brag a little. Naitove, Matt // Plastics Technology;Aug96, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p7
Editorial. Comments on the honor bestowed by the Annual Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) Leaders Award. Deadline of nominations for the 1996 awards; Award's recognition of the firms that make use of electronic information as a key strategy in managing their operations effectively.
- What isn't an MES? Hoske, Mark T. // Control Engineering;Feb98, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p83
Explains the benefits of developing a manufacturing execution system (MES) model for manufacturing processes. Reduction in manufacturing cycle times; Linking of controls, product/process engineering, enterprise resources planning, sales and service management and supply chain management; Goals...
- The end of trial and error. Whitworth, Ben // Professional Engineering;02/25/98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p31
Presents information on the use of computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD and CAM) in the production of cars. Comparison made between the cars of the 1960s and 1970s to those of the 1990s; Information on the 16-processor Triton computer of the Ford company; Details on the construction and...
- DEC gets $16M CIM order for new Winbond wafer fab. Uimonen, Terho // Electronic News (10616624);11/20/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2092, p46
Informs that Digital Equipment Corp. has been named by Winbond Electronics as the prime contractor for a computer-integrated manufacturing (CIM) installation at its forthcoming semiconductor wafer fabrication plant. Discussion of Digital equipment to be used in the plant; Winbond's hopes of...
- Parametric control for wafer fabrication: New CIM techniques for data analysis. Farrier, Robert C. // Solid State Technology;Sep97, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p99
Describes the additional capabilities of a computer integrated manufacturing system. Includes the wafer trend analysis; Data correlation; Statistical anomalies. INSET: CIM enhancements for data analysis..