RenderRAX and Lightscape broaden high-end graphics landscape
- SketchUp 1.2. Cohn, David // Computer Graphics World;Nov2001, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p53
Features SketchUp 1.2, a 3 dimensional modeling program from @Last Software. Price of the program; Specifications of the program; Compatibility of the program with Windows 95/98/NT/2000.
- Reaching out to the masses. Stout, Andy // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;May2002, Issue 326, p8
Focuses on the impact of software price cut on high-end user. Introduction of the Maa Personal Learning Edition package by Alias/Wavefront; Reason on the price cut; Usability of the three-dimensional display system on the car industry.
- Depth of the 3D field. Hefner, Donna // EMedia Professional;Feb97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p62
Discusses the market and technology issues for would-be three-dimensional (3D) developers. Some of the most exciting developments in the media industry which revolved around 3D technology; Some 3D authoring software; Advanced animation features to look for in a potential 3D animation package;...
- Modeling with metaballs. King, Douglas // Computer Graphics World;Mar95, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p67
Provides information on how to use metaballs technology for modeling by three-dimensional (3D) Studio users by evaluating the use of the MetaReyes software. Basic idea of the metaballs; Mechanics of working with metaballs technology.
- Intel 3-D API to give boost to PC graphics. Corcoran, Cate // InfoWorld;2/14/94, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Reports on Intel Corp.'s Intel Graphics Library (IGL) three-dimensional (3D) graphics application program interface (API) for personal computers. Capabilities; Aim for game developers; Compatibilities; Consideration by Microsoft Corp. for Windows; Impact on the 3D technology market.
- Mad Mapping with Syphon. Claiborne, Vikie // Projection, Lights & Staging News;Oct2012, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p86
The author reports on creating a 3D model of a building with windows using 3D object creation software.
- Lightscape 3.0 to benefit games, VRML sites. // Computer Graphics World;Jan97, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p8
Presents Lightscape Technologies' Lightscape Visualization System (LVS) 3.0 for Windows NT and Windows 95. Features and functions; Systems requirements.
- The DirectModel toolkit: Meeting the 3D graphic needs of... Cripe, Brian E.; Gaskins, Thomas A. // Hewlett-Packard Journal;May98, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p19
Discusses the role of three-dimensional (3D) modeling in design engineering. Challenges of implementing 3D modeling in mechanical design automation (MDA); 3D modeling capabilities of the DirectModel toolkit. INSET: Fahrenheit.
- Graphics API wars. Wolfe, Stephen // Computer Graphics World;Aug97, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p23
Opinion. Examines the position of Hewlett-Packard's DirectModel in its competitive struggle for three-dimensional technology superiority against Silicon Graphics Inc.'s OpenGL Optimizer. Similarities between the two software; Distinguishing characteristics between DirectModel and OpenGL...