MPEG pegged with new Philips brochure
- The nuts and bolts of video production: Spotlight on cameras. Haines, Cheryl // Media & Methods;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on cameras used by video production students in New Jersey. JVC Professional Products' KY-35 studio cameras; Control of cameras by Panasonic RM-P300 remote control units; Use of Bogen 3067 tripods; Tekskil companion teleprompter; Panasonic AG 450 or AG 455 camcorder; Factors to be...
- What to do before purchasing video editing equipment. // Media & Methods;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p54
Enumerates the things that must be done prior to purchasing video editing equipment. Determination of users' needs; Searching trade magazines and visiting World Wide Web sites for information on new products; Assessment of the equipment's price-to-performance ratio and flexibility.
- You oughta be in pixels. Popko, Richard; Stein, Kimberly // PC World;Feb1997, Vol. 15 Issue 2, pM1
Evaluates five under-$500 video capture cards for personal computers. FAST Electronics FPS/60; Intel Smart Video Recorder III; MicroVideo DC1 Plus; Winnov VideumConf Pro; Features; Prices; Contact points. INSET: How to get the best video onto your Web page..
- Video equipment. Turk, Gerald // PSA Journal;Apr94, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p10
Offers tips on purchasing effective video equipment at a reasonable cost. Camcorder; SVHS editing decks with two-way communication; Sound mixer; Controller; Character generator; Editing suite; Videotapes.
- Desktop video production: Usable quality, moderate prices. Dyson, Peter E. // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;2/6/95, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p17
Features various desktop video equipment. Storage, compression and distribution considerations; Hardware-based editing equipment; Off-camera video equipment; Digital distribution equipment. INSETS: A movie about QuickTime.;A book on the moviemaking process..
- Philips gives MMDS a digital spin. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;11/20/95, Vol. 229 Issue 21, p8
Reports on Philips Digital Videocommunication System's application of its delivery experience to wireless cable television. Demonstration of digital multichannel multipoint distribution system (MMDS) technology over an existing MMDS network in Tennessee; Suitability of video transmission...
- Philips enters digital wireless cable. Berniker, Mark // Broadcasting & Cable;11/13/95, Vol. 125 Issue 46, p95
Features Philips Digital Videocommunications Systems. Company's plan to market its MPEG-2 digital multichannel multipoint distribution system (MMDS); MMDS' features and functions.
- Leading light. // Central New Jersey Business;6/28/95, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p3
Reports on Philips Electronics North America Corp.'s plan to move its headquarters from Park Avenue, New York City. Number of employees who will be affected by the move.
- Philips launches CD-R system. // Electronic News;12/18/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2096, p21
Reports that Philips Electronics has moved into volume production of its CDD2000 CD-Recorder systems. What the system provides; Retail price; The Adaptec bus master adapter card for PC/Windows users.