- Cap and trade unlikely to pass in election year. Smith, Ron // Southwest Farm Press;5/6/2010, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p11
The article reports that a cap and trade bill is unlikely to be passed in an election year in the U.S.
- A smooth ride in 1998? Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/02/97 Supplement New York, Vol. 322, p10A
Focuses on elections in the United States in 1998. Comments from Manfred Ohrenstein, a senator and the house's Democratic minority leader; Discussion on the enactment of a budget for April 1, 1998 and the view of analysts; What legislation affected tax exempt bonds; Prediction on bills with...
- We the People. Mills, Jim // Hill;11/4/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 122, p8
The author stresses his opinion about the Election Day 2008 in the U.S.
- A moderate correction. Lockyer, Bill // Orange County Business Journal;11/18/96, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p38
Opinion. Argues about the 1996 elections in the United States and gives the author's reasons for being happy with the results. Why he believes the Democrats were successful in the Senate; Names of Democrats who were elected; Claim that Democrats benefited from the business community's...
- The green sheet: An insider's guide to watching election... Green, Paul M. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/04/96, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p15
Presents a viewer's guide to monitoring the voter returns in the 1996 elections. Goals of the United States (U.S.) Senate (Illinois), U.S. Senate and the U.S. White House.
- Post no bills on that bridge to 21st century. Cappo, Joe // Crain's Chicago Business;11/11/96, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p8
Opinion. States that the campaign advertising for 1996 presidential elections, were vicious, negative and deplorable. Race for United States Senate between Dick Durbin and Al Salvi; Why politicians are in favor of campaign reform.
- So many dems, so little action. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;01/05/98, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p3
Features the race for the 1998 Democratic gubernatorial nomination. Reference to four candidates who claim that they can end 22 years of the Republican control of the governor's mansion; Views of party professionals; Comments from William J.P. Banks, the influential 36th Ward alderman; Details...
- For pols, Peotone pandering is just a cheap flight of fancy. Reed, Robert // Crain's Chicago Business;02/09/98, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p13
No abstract available.
- Fuller, fairer elections? How? Richie, Rob // Christian Science Monitor;7/21/97, Vol. 89 Issue 164, p19
Opinion. Discusses ways in which to ensure a fuller and fairer election. The desire for winning candidates to actually receive a majority vote; How most United States citizens view elections; Electoral victories which were not majority votes; Solutions to the problem of poor participation and...