While talks drag on, Israel builds
- When Arabs raise a roof, it may be knocked down. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;11/6/97, Vol. 89 Issue 240, p7
No abstract available.
- Acting amid stalled peace, Israeli settlers sink in roots. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;4/23/99, Vol. 91 Issue 103, p7
Reports on the number of settlements established in the West Bank since the signing of the Wye accords in October 1998. The example of Mitzpeh Danny in the West Bank; Efforts of Israeli settlers to prevent disputed land from being handed over to Palestinians; How the new settlements have not...
- Notes on church-state affairs: Israel. Hendon, David W.; Kennedy, James M. // Journal of Church & State;Spring97, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p384
Focuses on the changes in Israel's policy on settlements in the West Bank territories after the election of Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu. Resumption of the sale of apartments to Israelis; Israeli and Palestinian leaders' reaching of an agreement on redeployment of Israeli forces stationed...
- A TIME-HONOURED CUSTOM OF ARROGANCE, THEFT AND MISAPPROPRIATION. Shahin, Mariam // Middle East;Jan2001, Issue 308, p9
Focuses on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict involving illegal settlements. Jewish settlements on Palestinian land; Confiscation of Palestinian land; Percentage of the Ministry of Trade and Industry budget spent on West Bank settlements.
- Israel's ever-on-the-move settlers. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;7/30/99, Vol. 91 Issue 171, p5
No abstract available.
- For Hebronites, deal changes all--and nothing. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;1/16/97, Vol. 89 Issue 36, p6
Focuses on January 16, 1997 deal for the redeployment of Israeli soldiers in the West Bank town of Hebron. Contention that life for the residents of Hebron will change little; Views of the residents; Description of the security arrangements for the Jewish enclave. INSET: Further peace moves...
- Latest peace talks end in failure. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;07/31/98, Vol. 42 Issue 31, p23
Reports that on July 22, 1998, without the agreement on the long-overdue Israeli redeployment from the West Bank, the first direct peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians ended. Reference to Israeli defence minister, Yitzhak Mordechai and chief Palestinian negotiator, Mohamoud Abbas;...
- symposium. Zogby, James; AbiNader, Jean; Feder, Don // Insight on the News;9/23/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p40
Presents opposing views on the role of West Bank settlements in peace in Israel. History of Jewish occupation of Judea and West Bank; Political aspect of the settlements; Significance of Jewish presence in West Bank.
- Peace by percentages in Mideast. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;6/11/98, Vol. 90 Issue 137, p6
Reports on consideration by Israel of the United States plan that it withdraw from thirteen percent of the West Bank. Fears of isolation of the people of Ofra and the settlement of Har Amona; Eighteen settlements that would be left totally surrounded by fully autonomous Palestinian territory by...