S&P upgrades Massachusetts' GO rating
- New credit gets on track. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30830, p1
Reports on the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority's proposed financing structures. Scheduled meetings with rating agency analysts; Responsibility for paying the authority's net cost of service and for debt service for additional bonds.
- Shouldering the Burden. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;1/16/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32547, p1
The article reports that according to Massachusetts state Treasurer Tim Cahill, helping a friend in need may cost taxpayers about $4.7 billion in principal and interest payments if the commonwealth reclaims $2.9 billion of legacy debt it previously assigned to the Massachusetts Bay...
- Fitch Goes Negative on MBTA Garage Debt. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;01/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31057, p4
Reports that Fitch has placed debt issued for Rail Connections Inc. on Rating Watch negative in January 2001. Issuance of the debt for a Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority parking garage; Prediction that revenues will not be met; Restructuring of the debt for the garage.
- Sticking With Swaps. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32196, p1
Reports on the plan of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority to sell fixed-rate debt to terminate two swaptions. Plan of the authority officials to consider entering a new swap; Number of swaps entered by the authority; Rating of agencies to the bond.
- Massachusetts Agency Weighs $350M. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/10/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32980, p4
The article reports on the willingness of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) to sell $350 million of new-money assessment bonds, once market conditions allow for the agency to issue long-term debt in Massachusetts. The agency is eager to sell the debt but has indicated its...
- MBTA on Moody's Review. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;8/9/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33762, p3
The article informs that senior sales tax bonds of Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) has been placed under Aal rating by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to reflect MBTA's strained financial situations related with debt service coverage. According to Moody's Investors Service, debt...
- Massachusetts Discusses Shifting $2.9B of MBTA Debt to State. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;6/8/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32646, p50
The article reports on the public hearing where Massachusetts lawmakers and mass transit supporters met before the Joint Committee on Transportation to discuss the bill that would transfer $2.9 billion of debt from the balance sheet of Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) to the...
- MASSACHUSETTS: MBTA Approves Budget. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;3/16/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33080, p9
The article reports on the move of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) to approve a $1.62 billion operating budget for fiscal 2010, a plan that depends on $160 million from the state to help close a deficit of the same amount. It states that rising debt service costs and...
- MBTA Sees Structural Deficit of $1.19B by FY20 14, Report Says. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;11/5/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33212, p5
The article reports on the estimated 1.19 billion dollar cumulative structural deficit of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) for the fiscal year (FY) 2014. The foreseen debt service is largely due to the agency's early restructuring as well as underestimated health insurance,...