Bond insurance falls in secondary market
- Bond insurance business is getting a little congested. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/09/98, Vol. 64 Issue 45, p13
Focuses on the bond insurance business in the United States. Entry of a number of insurance and reinsurance companies and Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp. into the market; Potential for pension funds to get involved in financial guaranty; Possibility that reinsurers could gain a five percent...
- 2d quarter earnings increase for insurers. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;08/06/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30451, p35
Cites the increase in earnings of most bond insurers in the United States during the second quarter of 1998. Combined net income of MBIA Inc., Ambac Assurance Corp. and Financial Security Assurance; Par value of insured bonds; Value of international deals.
- Shifting bond insurer market shares reveal new strategies. // Westchester County Business Journal;07/13/98, Vol. 37 Issue 28, p10
Discusses Securities Data Corp.'s report on trends in the United States bond insurer market in 1998. MBIA Insurance Corp.'s dominance of the insured municipals segment; Increase in the market share of Financial Security Assurance; Evolution of business strategies of bond insurers; Shift in bond...
- CIAB focused on rates, insurer solvency. Winston, Paul D. // Business Insurance;10/21/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 42, p3
Focuses on the issues related to terrorism insurance relief and regulatory reform in the U.S. Deterioration of equity and bond markets; Concerns of brokers on insurance market; Challenges facing the insurers.
- Safe and Sound. Russell, Judi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/3/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 10
Reports the growth of issuance in bond market in the United States. Factors affecting the increase of bond market; Purpose of corporations in using bonds; Rate of returns for corporate bonds.
- Insurers' new boy could make risk an endangered species. Krueger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/30/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30263, p8
Reports on the debut of the single-A rated bond insurance firm American Capital Access Corp. (ACA) in the United States market. Triple-A insurers' dominance of over 50 percent of the tax-exempt new issue market; Launch of ACA by Russ Fraser, formerly chief executive of Fitch Investors Service...
- TBMA drafts model language for underwriters to use in OS. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;08/26/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30713, p5
Reports on the ad hoc task force formed by the Bond Market Association to develop standardized language an underwriter can put in the official statement for a municipal offering in the United States. Aim of clarifying the role played by underwriters in preparing the municipal offering...
- FGIC takes the road less traveled and sticks with low-risk insurance. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;02/19/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30334, p1
Reports that Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. has instituted a policy of insuring the lowest-risk portion of the municipal bond market in the United States. Goal to maintain a 20 percent share of the municipal bond insurance market; Insurance of general obligation and water and sewer bonds;...
- Market Post: Munis Rally; Economic Data Weak. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;1/24/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F304, p1
The article focuses on the performance of the municipal bond market as of January 2014. It mentions that yields on municipal bonds rallied weak while yields on U.S. treasuries increased as of January 24, 2014. Other topics discussed include yields on the Municipal Market Data triple-A scale,...