Paine Webber gains ground, has no plans to rest easy
- PainedWebber. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;6/13/94, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p58
Reports that PaineWebber Group Inc. will put $33 million into a $1 billion government-bond fund to repay investors who lost money from high-risk mortgage-derivative securities that the fund held.
- Pain at PaineWebber. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;7/31/95, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p22
Informs about the loss incurred by PaineWebber Inc. in the second-quarter of 1995, after taking a pretax charge. Details of the charge.
- PaineWebber picks the winners. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/31/95, Vol. 42 Issue 31, p10
Reports on the stock performance of Paine Webber for 1994. Stock picking performance; Asset allocation; Comment by Ed Kerchner, chairman of the company's Investment Policy Committee.
- Risky acquisition pays brokerage a dividend. Willis, Gerri // Crain's New York Business;4/24/95, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p47
Reports on the financial performance of PaineWebber Group Inc. Revenues; Earnings per share.
- Dividend hike. // Crain's New York Business;02/10/97, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p42
Announces that Paine Webber Group Incorporated has increased its quarterly dividend. By how much it has been increased; Why the quarterly dividend was increased.
- The ledger. // Money;Nov98, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p46
Presents business- and finance-related news briefs as of November 1, 1998. How PaineWebber has fared during the collapse of hedge fund Long-Term Capital; Maria Bartiroma to wed Jonathan Steinberg, owner of Individual Investor; Walter Forbes denying knowledge of fraud at CUC International; Ciena...
- Growing New York County doubles its debt load with new GO issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on Orange County, New York's plan to issue $60 million in bonds in August 1997. Concerns about population growth; Population figures from the 1970s to the 1990s; Graph comparing the results of bond issuance from 1991-1996.
- High-yield scarcity helps sale of a nonrated sewer refunding in Alabama. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p7
Reports on the growing popularity of high-yielding municipal bonds among investors. Bonds issue by Parish, Alabama in August 1997; Sale of New Orleans general obligation bonds; Prices.
- The Bond Buyer new-issue calendar. // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p8
Presents a listing of municipal bond and note offerings announced in August 1997. Competitive bond offerings; Competitive note offerings; Negotiated bonds; Issuer; Description; Amount; Financial adviser; Maturing.