Rural hospital chain ready to fill a void in Kentucky issuance
- Update. Kirchheimer, Barbara // Modern Healthcare;12/06/99, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p38
Reports that the board of trustees of Appalachian Regional Healthcare (ARH) have decided to donate the Appalachian Regional Hospital in West Virginia to local groups. Comments from Stephen Hanson of ARH; Reason for the decision; Plan for the hospital.
- Nurses win back modified schedules. // American Nurse;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p4
The article reports on the order of the arbitrator to the Appalachian Regional Healthcare Inc. (ARH) to pay back wages with interest to the affected registered nurses and reinstate the modified work schedules in the U.S. The back pay award has been estimated to be in excess of $1.1 million. The...
- Update From KNA Headquarters. Keenan, Maureen // Kentucky Nurse;Jan-Mar2008, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p1
The article comments on the ongoing registered nurses' strike at Appalachian Regional Healthcare (ARH) in Eastern Kentucky. It argues in favor of nurses on the picket line, saying they deserve recognition for taking a stand, at great personal sacrifice, to try to put an end to the systematic...
- Home health moving toward `high touch, high tech'. Calico, Forrest // Health Management Technology;Oct1996, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p22
Reports on Appalachian Regional Healthcare (ARH) of Lexington, Kentucky's technological innovations. Automation of clinical documents in care settings; Information management initiatives; Investment in HBO & Company's connect Technology Group; Disease management program. INSETS: Appalachian...
- Beckley Health System to Appeal Circuit Court Decision. LANNOM, ANDREA // State Journal (WV);8/19/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p12
The article reports on the aim of officials with Beckley Appalachian Regional Healthcare Inc. to appeal a lawsuit regarding inadequate Medicaid reimbursement rates to West Virginia Court of Appeals.
- UAN calls for justice for suspended nurses. // American Nurse;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p8
The article reports that the United American Nurses Secretary-Treasurer Mike Nilsson, called on the Appalachian Regional Healthcare Inc. (ARH) to put patients first and stand behind the nine ARH nurses who alerted the public to unsafe levels of staffing at the ARH facilities in Beckley, West...
- Scans. // AHA News;08/16/99, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p5
Presents several news briefs on health care from the United States as of August 1999. Recovery of LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah from a tornado on August 12, 1999; Plan of Appalachian Regional Healthcare Inc. to lay off hundreds of full-time equivalent positions systemwide due a revenue...
- LEGAL BRIEFS. // State Journal (WV);12/6/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 47, p11
The article offers news briefs on the decision of the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals to maintain the settlement between Monsanto Co. and residents of Nitro and to reject the recalculation request for Medicaid reimbursement rates by Beckley Appalachian Regional Healthcare Inc. (ARH) in 2013.
- W. Virginia hospital sues for Medicaid reimbursement. // Medical Device Daily;12/30/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 252, p4
The article discusses a lawsuit filed by Appalachian Regional Healthcare (ARH) against the Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) and its Bureau for Medical Services. ARH has accused DHHR of inadequate Medicaid reimbursement rates that allegedly threaten the continued operation...