Denver transportation district drops Baum as underwriter
- Judge rules against Colorado district's campaign contributions cap. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;09/09/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30226, p32
Reports on a ruling by a US District Court in Colorado rejecting the policy of the Denver Regional Transportation District in Denver, Colorado that limits campaign contributions for its sales tax election in November 1997. Judge John Kane's grant of a preliminary injunction dissolving the...
- Denver-Area Transit District Goes the Competitive Route. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31030, p30
Reports on the Denver Regional Transportation District's sale of revenue bonds. Structure of the bonds; Use of the proceeds from the bond sale.
- RTD underwriters' fate uncertain as board readies vote. Sanders, Lisa; Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30625, p3
Reports on the vote of the Denver Regional Transportation District's board whether to fire the underwriting team and hire another one. Absence of bond initiatives; Problem with the cost of underwriting spread.
- Colorado plans more light rail. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/07/97, Vol. 238 Issue 14, p24
Reports on the plan for an extended light rail service by the Denver Regional Transportation District. Features of the project; Difficulty of construction phasing; Plan of track relocation; Contractors for the projects.
- Denver Regional Transportation District allows underwriting contract to expire. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;10/23/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30258, p6
Focuses on the action of the Denver Regional Transportation District to permit the expiration of an underwriting contract on October 31, 1997 in anticipation of sales tax bonds. Amount of bonds anticipated by the district; Terms of the underwriting contract.
- Denver transit district approves study on financing new light-rail routes. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;11/20/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30277, p2
Reports on Denver, Colorado Regional Transportation District's appropriation of funds to study other ways to finance light-rail routes. Focus of the analysis on cost, mode of transportation and alignment for the four corridors; Improvement of the structure of the study to allow public participation.
- Despite spread controversy, Denver RTD reaffirms PaineWebber as underwriter. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;06/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30417, p3
Reports on the Denver Regional Transportation District's agreement to hire a PaineWebber Inc.-led syndicate to serve as the agency's underwriter for three years despite a lingering controversy about how the dealers were chosen. List of the underwriters that are considered in the process;...
- Colorado debate over going competitive picks up steam. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;12/10/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30785, p4
Reports on the debate across Colorado over the proposal that Denver's Regional Transportation District change to negotiated from competitive bond sales. Debate over whether to challenge the procedure of hiring underwriters to market municipal bonds or whether the method of sale even matters;...
- To bid or not to bid? RTD vote will address bankers' clout. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;12/14/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30787, p1
Reports on the vote of the Regional Transportation District of Denver, Colorado on whether to bid their debt or go the negotiated route. Competitive sale of bonds; Merits of the analysis of two bond-selling methods.