House panel to vote on modernization bill
- Texas passes bill to clean up public finance laws. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/16/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30663, p30
Reports on the Texas Legislature's passage of legislation designed to retool out-of-date provisions in the state's public finance laws. Purpose of the legislation; Legislation passed by the state codifying the statutes.
- Stock relief old and new. Homer, Arnold; Burrows, Rita // Accountancy;Aug1981, Vol. 92 Issue 1056, p63
Comments on the stock relief proposals in the 1981 Finance Bill in Great Britain. Definition of stock; Comparison of the old and new scheme relief; Availability of the relief to sole traders, partnerships and companies; Provisions to identify and reduce the amount of unrecovered past relief...
- Non-resident's interest. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Mar1993, Vol. 111 Issue 1195, p93
Announces the inclusion of provisions in the Finance Bill to enable deposit-takers to pay interest gross to customers who are not ordinarily residents in Great Britain. Terms of the provisions.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;2/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31578, p34
Presents an overview of various laws and legislation related to bond market in the U.S. Provisions of U.S. President George W. Bush's economic stimulus plan; Developments related to America's Better Classrooms Act of 2003; Provisions of National Defense Rail Act.
- In West Virginia, Two Bond Bills Move Forward. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p4
Reports on the approval of two bond-related proposals by West Viginia's House Finance Committee on February 26, 2003. Provisions of the proposals; Estimated outlay of the proposals; Last day of the legislature's regular session.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;9/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31471, p37
Presents a chart depicting the bond buyer legislative status report. Legislation; Proposed law; Status.
- The New German Insolvency Code. Paulus, Christoph G. // Texas International Law Journal;Winter98, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p141
Examines the German Insolvency Code (InsO), which becomes law in January 1999. Reunification of Germany in her insolvency law; Separate codes for a composition and for liquidation; Creditors' responsibility for deciding whether the debtor will be liquidated or reorganized; Reduction of workers'...
- Financial Ed Bill In New York. // Credit Union Journal;4/28/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p11
Reports that legislation that has the backing of New York State's credit unions and which would promote financial education has been introduced in the New York State Legislature.
- Loss Prevention. Hamilton, Theodore J. // Business Credit;Feb2000, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the provisions of the Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act in the United States. Types of fraudulent transactions; Circumstances that can be used to prove a transfer fraudulent; Insolvency of a corporation.
- Feds revise financial sector legislation. // CA Magazine;Dec96, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p15
Discusses the `1997 Review of Financial Sector Legislation: Proposals for Changes,' from Finance Canada. Suggestions for amendments to several laws; Legislation to strengthen consumer protection; Relaxation of the regulatory burden on financial institutions; Plans by the government to fine-tune...