Greenspan: Someday we'll look back on this
- Have investors been looking for exposure to specific countries since the global financial crisis? - Insights from the Swiss franc bond market. Nitschka, Thomas // Swiss National Bank Working Papers;2014, Issue 13, p1
Bonds of Swiss non-government borrowers offered higher daily excess returns ('alphas') than suggested by their sensitivities to standard risk factors over the sample period from 2007 to 2014. By contrast, comparable bonds (same currency denomination and credit rating category) issued by foreign...
- Morning Scan: Deutsche's Delay Tactics; How to Fix Student Loans. Todd, Sarah // Americanbanker.com;4/24/2015, p1
Receiving Wide Coverage Â… Sarao's Side of the Story: The London trader accused of triggering the May 2010 stock market "flash crash" denies plotting to manipulate prices by placing and canceling large orders. Navinder Sarao says in past but newly released emails with the British conduct...
- Dubai Crisis Slows Markets, but Funds Gained in November. Kinnel, Russel // Morningstar FundInvestor;Dec2009, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the effects of the economic crisis in Dubai, United Arab Emirates on the country's stock markets in 2009. It notes that the crisis affects the country's overall markets, but still gained in November 2009. It notes that PIMCO Foreign Bond PFBDX has gained 1% while Fidelity...
- BUCHAREST STOCK EXCHANGE - THE EFFECTS OF THE CURRENT FINANCIAL CRISIS. Pop, Cornelia; Curutiu, Cristina; Dumbrava, Partenie // Interdisciplinary Management Research;2009, Vol. 5, p805
The current financial crisis had an important impact on economies all over the world. Romania - one of the Eastern European countries, considered just one year ago to have a good growth potential - is also absorbing the shock waves of this crisis. As expected, the first to respond to those...
- "Sold" on Foreign Bonds. Dennis, Lawrence // New Republic;11/19/30, Vol. 65 Issue 833, p8
Analyzes reasons why Americans have lost millions in foreign bonds. Realization of the Americans that common stocks are an uncertain investment, both as to market value and income; Statistics on foreign government bonds traded in on the New York Stock Exchange; Information on legal rights of...
- The EMU effects on asset market holdings and the recent financial crisis. Palaiodimos, George; Tzavalis, Elias // International Review of Financial Analysis;Dec2015, Vol. 42, p153
This paper examines if there are significant integration effects from the establishment of European Monetary Union (EMU) and the introduction of euro on EMU and non-EMU equity and bond markets. This is done by looking at the holdings of these markets. We investigate to what extent these effects...
- Asian flu hits Johannesburg. Siddiqi, Moin // African Business;Jan1998, Issue 228, p24
Focuses on the effect of Asian currency turmoil on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in South Africa. Lack-luster performance in the second half of 1997; Comparison between Asia and South Africa in terms of banking systems; Condition in the domestic debt market.
- Is this an opportunity to buy Asian markets? Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/19/98, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p11
Discusses the impact of Asia's financial crisis to the stock markets worldwide. Widening of the financial crisis in Asia; Improvement in the outlook of Korea's stock exchange; Weak currency of Indonesia; Decision of some investors to shift their money to Eastern Europe.
- Markets Proving Resilient. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/3/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p1
The article reports that stock markets, including the Dow Jones Index and the FTSE Index, are performing well despite the sovereign debt crisis in Greece.