If N.Y. elects to revamp its constitution, bond lawyers have plenty of ideas
- Texas passes bill to clean up public finance laws. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/16/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30663, p30
Reports on the Texas Legislature's passage of legislation designed to retool out-of-date provisions in the state's public finance laws. Purpose of the legislation; Legislation passed by the state codifying the statutes.
- Stock relief old and new. Homer, Arnold; Burrows, Rita // Accountancy;Aug1981, Vol. 92 Issue 1056, p63
Comments on the stock relief proposals in the 1981 Finance Bill in Great Britain. Definition of stock; Comparison of the old and new scheme relief; Availability of the relief to sole traders, partnerships and companies; Provisions to identify and reduce the amount of unrecovered past relief...
- Non-resident's interest. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Mar1993, Vol. 111 Issue 1195, p93
Announces the inclusion of provisions in the Finance Bill to enable deposit-takers to pay interest gross to customers who are not ordinarily residents in Great Britain. Terms of the provisions.
- Live from the constitutional convention! // Junior Scholastic;10/7/94, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p14
Presents a humorous play depicting a live news coverage of the 1787 constitutional convention in the United States. Disagreements on whether to establish a federal or a national government; Revision of the Articles of Confederation; Ratification of the constitution. INSET: Your turn..
- The 2007 Congressional Challenge. // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Jan2007, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p65
The article offers information on the issues and topics that will be discussed at the 110th session of the U.S. Congress for 2007.
- THE RECURRING CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION: THERAPY FOR A DEMOCRATIC CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC PARALYZED BY HYPOCRISY. Hensler III, Louis W. // Texas Review of Law & Politics;Spring2003, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p263
Discusses issues related to constitutional convention in the U.S. Challenge of maintaining conflicting commitments in an environment of change; Debate on contemporary constitutional theory; Argument that correction of flaws in Article V would permit needed constitutional change consistent with...
- Three Men, Three Plans. Dusek, Karen H. // Cobblestone;Dec2007, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p8
The article discusses the highlights of the Constitutional Convention held at the Pennsylvania State House in 1787.
- Nonvoters counted as `nos'. // State Government News;May97, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p17
Reports that the Hawaii Supreme Court has ruled that the November 1996 vote on whether to continue with a state constitutional convention was totaled incorrectly because blank votes should be considered `nos.'
- Odd alliances battle over new constitution. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;09/22/97, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p3
Reports that business groups in New York showed their support in favor of a constitutional convention for 1997. Opponents of the proposed convention; How much it would cost the city to host such a convention; Objectives of the proposed convention. INSET: Pols, groups choose up sides..