Every picture tells a story
- Heavenly tones. Blackett, Matt // Electronic Musician;Jun97, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p28
Discusses the ways on how the seven guitarists produced sounds. Factors that affect the way guitarist capture the imagination of the listeners; Pete Anderson of Dwight Yoakam; David Bryson of Counting Crows; Robben Ford; Ronnie Montrose; Will Ray; David Torn; Lyle Workman; Styles of the...
- A tell-all stompbox summit. Thompson, Art // Guitar Player;Jun97, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p91
Presents the views of electric guitarists on the advent of digital technology and its effect on electronic equipment. Jason Lamb; Jim Pennock; Bill Wenzloff; Jon Lomas; Mark Sampson; Rich Excellente; Zachary Vex; Richard Neatrour; Jack Brossart.
- Performance notes: The great outdoors. Ratner, Brett // Guitar Player;Jun98, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p23
Presents guitarist John Jennings' advice to guitarists regarding outdoor performances. Protecting guitars from the effects of humidity; Advisability of preprogramming signal processing parameters.
- MYSPACE HORDES. Molenda, Michael // Guitar Player;Dec2006, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p38
The article focuses on several guitar players in the United States including Rastachild, Eric Mantel, Starr Faithfull and John Merriman.
- Axes to grind. Morthland, John // Texas Monthly;Feb94, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p58
Describes the talents of guitarists in Texas. Influence of Stevie Ray Vaughan; Ian Moore; Chris Duarte; Widgeon Holland; Vince Converse; Kenny Wayne; Sue Foley; Jake Andrews.
- Heroes: Hound Dog Taylor. Obrecht, Jas // Guitar Player;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p25
Focuses on United States-based guitarist Hound Dog Taylor. Physical deformities; Guitars used on album recordings; Reason behind shooting of second guitarist Brewer Phillips.
- Hand jive. Anglim, Randi // Guitar Player;Feb97, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p157
Presents a photograph of an unknown guitar player doing a monkey grip.
- Land of the rising sound. Rowell, Mike; Kono, Mari // Guitar Player;Jul97, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p52
Features several Japanese guitar innovators who have gained international acclaim. Boredoms' Seiichi Yamamoto; Melt Banana's Ichiro Agata; K.K. Null; Keiji Haino; Altered States' Kazuhisa Uchihashi; Solmania's Masahiko Ohno.
- Deputy demo buddies. // Guitar Player;Jul97, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p99
Features four American guitarists who have sent demo tapes to `Guitar Player.' Arthur Levin; John Edelmann; Scott Hughes; D.R. Auten. INSET: Demo of the month..
- Build the Guitar Track Jammer. Singmin, Andrew // Popular Electronics;Jul96, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p56
Presents instructions for building the Guitar Track Jammer which allows to play the guitar along with popular guitarists while listening to the resulting sound on a set of headphones. Circuit description and diagrams; Construction; Connection modifications; Parts needed.