- Untitled. Murray, Caroline; Wong, Samuel // ICIS Chemical Business;3/31/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 13, p23
The article focuses on the consumption of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) in polyester production, including polyester fibre and film, and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) resin. Topics include the supply and demand for PTA, PTA contract prices, and modern technologies that produce PTA. An...
- PTA market feels pressure. Lee, Salmon Aidan; Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;10/9/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 38, p30
The article reports on the challenges faced by purified terephthalic acid (PTA) producers in Asia with regards to PTA prices and feedstock costs. One Singapore trader pointed out that there will be a lot of pressure on PTA makers to sell at competitive prices in October 2006, if they do not sell...
- Modern Group. Aiyar, Sharda // Chemical Business;Feb96, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p65
Reports on the plans of India's Modern Group to set up a plant to manufacture paraxylene and purified terephthalic acid (PTA) in Gujarat. Partnership with UOP Inter America Inc. for the paraxylene project; Alliance with Enichem of Italy for the PTA venture.
- PTA AIDS Project. // Education Digest;Nov1987, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p64
The article reports on the launching of an all-out effort by the National PTA to get AIDS education curricula into the public schools, educate parents about the disease, and encourage them to talk with their children about it. The project is being funded in part by a grant from the Centers for...
- Better to Be a Sellout Than a Remaindered Item. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Western Edition;11/02/98, Vol. 48 Issue 44, p20
Highlights the results of a survey conducted on the impression of young adults in the United States about selling out. Percentage of the group's peers who have sold out; Group's view on the qualifications of selling out; Preferred working conditions of the group.
- PTA: Life in the Lava Fields. Hasenauer, Heike // Soldiers;Oct99, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p21
Reports on the challenges posed by living and working conditions at Hawaii's Pohakuloa Training Area (PTA). Location of PTA; How water is provided at PTA; Number of soldiers who trained at PTA in 1998. INSET: PTA's Natural Abundance.
- PTA Sellers Try to Limit Price Decline. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;1/13/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the move of the producers of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) to limit the decline in first-quarter contract prices. Purpose of minimizing PTA decrease; Demand for PTA.
- Indorama picks Invista as technology licensor for Thai PTA. // Asian Chemical News;10/13/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 420, p22
Reports on the selection of Invista by Indorama Group as the technology licensor for its purified terephthalic acid (PTA) project in Mab Ta Phut, Thailand. Planned capacity for the project; Efforts of Indorama to seek financial deal for the project; Plan of the company to sell the PTA to the...
- Indian order for Aker Kvaerner. // Process Engineering;Nov2004, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p6
The article reports that Reliance Industries Ltd., India's largest chemicals producer, has awarded a contract to Aker Kvaerner Group (AK) to provide services for a pure terephthalic acid (PTA) plant at its complex in Hazira, India. The new plant will add 640,000 tpa of capacity to the complex's...
- You'd better ste er clear, ladies -. Simon Cable // Daily Mail;6/22/2013, p40
EVERYONE has their own definition of charity work. For some, it means helping out on the school's PTA; for others, it might be standing in the rain for hours with a collection box.