- DuPont gets approval for thapar purchase. Singh, Baldave // Chemical Week;4/30/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 17, p30
Reports on how DuPont company had obtained approval from the Indian government to increase foreign equity in Thapar DuPont. Effect of DuPont's purchase of stake held by Thapar; Problems encountered in the project.
- Leak and protests at plastics, fiber plants. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;2/1/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 4, p21
Reports on developments in the chemical industry in India as of February 1, 1995. Chemical leak from the plastics plant of ATV Projects; Protests against the construction of the Thapar DuPont nylon plant.
- Integrating plastics with elastomers at DuPont. Shaw, David // European Rubber Journal;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 194 Issue 2, p0040
The article reports on the initiative of E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. (DuPont) to develop innovative solutions to environmental problems by integrating its plastics segment with elastomers segment in Europe. It says that DuPont's strategy is aimed at improving its materials and processes to...
- Republic hires consultant to boost safety. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;2/17/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p21
Reports on the hiring of safety consulting company DuPont Safety Resources by solid waste management company Republic Services Inc. to adopt safety in waste disposal programs. Performance of DuPont Safety in other projects; Moral responsibility of company to protect workers.
- DuPont moves Indian nylon project. // Chemical Week;6/14/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 23, p8
Reports on DuPont's decision to transfer its Indian venture Thapar DuPont at the State Industries Promotion Corp. of Tamil Nadu industrial zone. Capacity of the nylon fiber and fabric plant; Reason for the transfer.
- DuPont in joint venture for nylon plant in India. Mcnamara, Michael // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/10/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 112, p18
Reports on DuPont's establishment of Thapar DuPont Ltd., a joint venture with Ballarpur Industries, to establish a nylon plant in India. Annual capacity; Comment of Jerald Blumberg on the joint venture; DuPont's entry in the European market.
- DuPont India update. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/27/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 123, p10
Reports on DuPont Far East Inc.'s plans to construct a nylon 6,6 plant in Tamil Nadu, India. Optimism about the location; Partnership with Thapar Group to form Thapar DuPont Ltd.
- Elevate. Anderson, Sara D. // Fast Company;Dec2008/Jan2009, Issue 131, p46
The article discusses the scheduled appointment of Ellen Kullman to chief executive officer (CEO) of the DuPont corporation on January 1, 2009. Kullman will be DuPont's first female CEO, the article states. In the book "Mother Leads Best," Kullman gives credit to her children for helping develop...
- Flexibility drives DuPont CCl4 reductions. Fairley, Peter // Chemical Week;10/23/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 40, p58
Reports on DuPont's success in reducing carbon tetrachloride (CCL4) emissions from phosgene production at its Chambers Works site in Deepwater, New Jersey with the aid of a new catalyst. Presentation of an environment, health and safety award to DuPont for the project; Positive effect of...
- DuPont recognizes leaders. Fairley, Peter // Chemical Week;10/2/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 37, p32
Reports on DuPont's presentation of its 1995 environment, health and safety awards to 12 teams from various countries. Pollution prevention; Winners for environmental projects; Safety projects recognized by the company.